“Excellent Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hamilton
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a place that we keep going back to because we know we will always have a excellent meal. We have never, ever been disappointed.
From appetizers to the main course the quality is consistent. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great value.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved the veal meatballs. Very healthy size dish of pasta and cooked just right, al dente. So mush so, that i believe they could take about a quarter of the dish out and still be plenty. Four huge meatballs and a tasty sauce. The bread was served fresh and hot. The atmosphere was cute and the service was pleasant. Overall, good value for the price.

Hamilton, Ontario
“Average Italian Food, with Noise”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

To be honest, I don't understand the popularity of this place. The food is OK, I suppose - nothing fantastic, and overpriced. The service is average, but the wait times to get a table are a little silly. What irks me about this place is the noise level...it's like dining at a roadside bar - definitely anything but relaxing. I shouldn't have a hard time hearing my dining companions at my table.

• Visited September 2012
Oakville
“Good food, but that's it!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I used to love this little place. It was a gem in the city, and I'm not sure what happened. On a recent business lunch, upon arrival, the hostess looks at us and says "dinning room or bar?". No hello, no "Welcome to La Cantina", nothing.

When our waiter came, he did not make eye contact with me once, he spoke only to the male I was eating with. It was very noticeable and uncomfortable.

The food, its fantastic, but if you're not getting take out, don't bother.

The parking is annoying since it is hard to come by, and it is hourly paid (although this is common for the area, it is good to know).

The food was good, so again, take out, but that was it.

Even the pop that was order came out tasting watery. The lunch was expensive for two pizzas and truly not worth it for an unwelcoming, awkward time.

• Visited August 2012
“Not as good as it was a few years ago”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently had a business dinner for ten at La Cantina. We went here based on prior visits. The quality of the food is significantly below prior visits and not worth the prices. The grilled calamari was so rubbery it was inedible. The steaks were average and the pasta dish arrived lukewarm. The service was a little slow. There are better Italian restaurants in Hamilton. I will try somewhere else next time.

• Visited January 2013