“Love it!”

Ranked #107 of 1,329 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's quite sad but after living in Hamilton for nearly 35 years I've just recently discovered Hutch's.
The fish and chips are excellent!
We've now been twice in two weeks and the service has been fast and courteous both times despite being extremely busy.
I would recommend this place to anyone.
The beach atmosphere helps make it all better. I love that I can eat outside and bring my dog along for a walk after eating.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Best fish and chips around but crazy busy on warm weekends. There are 2 locations in the City - both have the same great food but for atmosphere the best is the original on the Beach strip.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been visiting this place for well over 50 yrs. The food is still wonderful but when we were there again the other day, everything was "as is" but it sure wouldn't hurt to clean up a bit better. I realize that they run a very busy business but perhaps one of the employees could be used for cleaning of tables, etc
It would be nice to have a high school student, etc, to be hired just for cleaning these tables. The pay would probably be the lowest but it certainly would add a lot to our comfort to have them there. Not to mention that many kids would love something like that for the summer.

I also realize that this building is right on the beach and a beautiful place to sit and relax which many of the patrons do but if it is a bit chilly or for other reasons, it would be nice to be able to sit in clean window seats at the back of the restaurant. However, it appears that not all of the customers will take the time to just dispose of their leftovers.

Maybe a little push or a funny but honest sign, could make people aware that other patrons use this restaurant to eat as well.

We will be back....with our own cleaning rags. (:-D)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Yes I have been going here since I was a young man and started driving. The things that keep me coming back are the good consistent quality of the food and the ever changing landscape.
The large dining are in the back is basically all window that faces lake ontario. Mother nature provides new scenery to look at every day. Inside there is classic local sport memorabilia from several decades. After dinner you can walk along the beach or the trail. Catch the right night and there are usually several classic cars to look at in the parking lot.
Lots and lots of parking and friendly staff. This place will be around forever.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

had the fish and chips yum except they dont give lemons just lemon juice packets but i can live with that. friend had a burger. wasnt appealing. and the line ups were disgusting