“Bad service and poor food quality”
Review of Express Restaurant

Express Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 1,254 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Express restaurant represents fusion of northern, central and southern Italian cuisine. Our open kitchen concept serves made-to-order wood fire pizzas, fresh in- house pasta and hand tossed gourmet salads that will make your visit a memorable one!!!.
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the express many times. The food quality has gone down. I attended a function there which was booked for 20 people and they were under staffed. The food came out all mixed up. Our drinks were all mixed up. It's not the staffs fault but poor management. It's very obvious the owner has tried to save some money. When you order for just two people the food is better but for a party or an event the quality was poor. The apps came out after the main. The salads with desert. Was not a very experience. The food is typical Italian food. It was much better a while back. I only recommend to go for a dinner for two and not to hold an event or function. Also very cold. Always ask to be seated upstairs. The front room is freezing but you will have to compromise slower service. I have not since returned and not planning on.

3  Thank nick s
Sandeep K, Manager at Express Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hi nick

Thank you for your feedback, apparently it’s seem like everything went wrong for you.
We would like to precisely know reservation details & date you attended the function…then we can get to bottom of the problem
Far as concerned all the Host & Guests of last week events (from the date of your review) complimented about service & food, could stop thank our staff…

We would really be interested to hear from you & your Host about true story as writing bad reviews doesn’t helps us to fix the problem... it may leave satisfaction in your mind..

On the same note we would like to inform you that we have been nominated for a BEST ITALAIN FOOD by reader’s choice in Hamilton spectator this month…

Express management

There are newer reviews for Express Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The service was good. The restaurant was busy. Good selection of wine by the glass. My spaghetti and meatball were good, The bread was good. The dipping oil was spicy. My husband had veal parmesan and said it was chewy. I noticed that a lot of the people around us ordered the pizza.

2  Thank happitrails2me
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I held my daughter's baptism reception here and it was great! Amazing food, my daughter is half Italian and even her Italian relatives were impressed. The service was good but what really impressed me was the fantastic owner Sunny. He really went above and beyond to make the event very special. If you are looking for a venue to host an event or are just looking for a night out with delicious food I highly recommend this restaurant.

Sandeep K, Owner at Express Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

We are glad to know you have really enjoyed the food & service, ...
Our staff works very hard to make your special event memorable
Therefore you feedback is very important to us & it will be passed around the staff..

Thanks

Sunny
Express Restaurant

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great place to have dinner or parties. Food is cooked fresh to order. Will recommend this restuarant.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

In the past I have heard great reviews of this place, so we finally checked it. The food was alright, not as authentic as some other reviews state in my mind. I do agree that the entrance and the dining HALL is very cold. Service was good. No complaints there. Would I go back? No. Just didn't do anything for me.

1  Thank LPPM