“What a wonderful food landmark in town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Forest Inn

Black Forest Inn
Ranked #7 of 1,213 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“What a wonderful food landmark in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great food, always and predictably delicious. Friendly and prompt service. Great value for a very comfortable meal out on the town.

Visited September 2011

Mississauga, Canada
“Amazing food - a hidden gem in the hammer town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, great service would definatley recommend!

A hidden gem in the hammer town. Love this place a must try hands down.

Tillsonburg, Canada
“What a great meal with friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were out with friends and we could have selected from many different places but when they suggested the Black Forest Inn we were excited to try something new. This place of course reminded me of last years visit to Germany. We all had the Vienna Schnitzel or Wiener Schnitzel. The menu said that it was “The all-time favourite, lightly breaded and fried.” and it sure was as we all enjoyed it. And there was plenty of it too for us to take home and enjoy the next day.

The other thing that reminded me of Germany was the beer. The waitress asked if we would like a beer and they offered a German type beer in both blond and dark. She asked if we wanted a bottle or a pint so I told her about the big beer I had in Germany and so she offered a full litre or just over two pints. I wish I could remember what kind it was as it was really good.

I must tell you this as a few of the other patrons did not seem to like us having that large a beer. And one actually tapped me on the shoulder and said “you are not driving are you?” I told him no and assured him that my friend would be driving… of course he was also having a large German beer. I’m not sure if he found that as amusing as we did. And I’m sure that he would have taught even less of us when we ordered a second Large Beer.
It’s a good thing we had our wives with us to do the driving. Well its not every year one turns a half century old. Cheers eh.

Hamilton, Canada
“Always busy for a reason”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Well priced food in a traditional atmosphere. The staff serve in traditional attire. The food is quite good. I have trouble ordering anything other than the goulash. One of the few reasons to go to downtown Hamilton and they have been there a long time. Get there early on a weekend, especially if there is an event going on

Oakville, Canada
“Traditional and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This restaurant does not disappoint. Traditional schnitzel food for a reasonable price. The informal warm casual atmosphere is great.
We have been customers for over 25 years and never have we gone and had a bad experience.

I would not be fair if I did not comment on the 'New' shirts worn by the servers. They are somewhat distracting and a tiny bit inappropriate for family atmosphere (okay a I know men may have a different view).