“Just the best food and friendliest service”
Review of Cookhouse Bistro

Cookhouse Bistro
Ranked #48 of 1,342 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have experienced several meals at this restaurant and never have I been disappointed with the food or the service. The staff are exceptionally friendly and provide great service.

The food quality is exceptional

1  Thank Jerry W

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to this restaurant for my birthday this year. It was the first time. I had seen it before but the restaurant had been too busy in the past just to drop in. We made reservations for dinner on a Saturday night ahead of time. This is advisable as they were all booked up for the evening - probably seats about 30 people. I saw people come in for pick up so if you live in the area (which I don't) this would be great! The 4 of us all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, very good food, cooked perfectly (steak) and not overly pricey. The restaurant is so cute. I will definitely return.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Went with the family...fantastic food reasonable prices ..has a small dining area so be sure to make reservations...but totally worth the drive

1  Thank Bobloblah1980
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed an excellent meal last Saturday. In fact we enjoyed ourselves so much we're planning on a return visit in a couple of weeks and this time there'll be six of us!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Read many positive reviews and had to check it out. We went on a Friday night (thankfully made reservations as recommended by fellow reviewers) and there were four in our party. The server was friendly, informative and efficient. Our food comprised of the following: cheesy garlic bread, French onion soups (best I've ever had), cheesy broccoli and spinach soup, spinach salad, rolled ribs and chicken in a pot. For dessert we all shared the after dinner mint which was delicious!! The food was simply awesome!! The chicken in a pot was the best chicken pot pie I have ever tasted!! Ribs were to die for!! The prices were more than reasonable for the portion sizes. So glad we made the drive to Rockton, we will most certainly be returning in the future. Great job to the staff at this establishment for providing such a positive dining experience!!!

2  Thank lippy88