“Awesome!”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids
Kelowna, Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sometimes the stars align just right and you find some little mom and pop out-of-the-way place that blows your socks off and this was definitely one of those times. Wow! I would move to this area, just to be close to this restaurant. We were just down the road visiting the Westfield Heritage and wanted to find a place for lunch that was close by and the GPS in the rental car suggested the Cookhouse Bistro would be the place. So, by pure chance we discovered this gem. Serendipity can be such a wonderful thing.

• Visited October 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always fresh and the service is always superb. We have tried everything on the menu and there is not a dish we wouldn't recommend. You have to order the garlic cheese loaf to start. You may want to order 2! If you're looking for reasonable prices, small, country atmosphere, this is it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sushifreek
Hamilton, Canada
“It is - Worth the drive to Rockton :-)”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Spotlessly clean and tidy, the setting is a bit like stepping back in time AND the food is really good. We were there for lunch and it was a delightful dining experience - the burgers (both beef and turkey avail) and fries are fresh. Specials are offered every day. As well the menu offers many other interesting options.
Fresh backed pies for desert. The coconut cream pie is to die for - I'd go back for that alone!
Reservations are recommended.

Also a lovely pottery/gift shop a short walk down the road.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank CathP027
Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to this restaurant with my husband, brother and sister-in-law. Had a wonderful meal, starting with the best french onion soup that any of us have every had then onto our main course of salmon, fish * chips and filet and the chicken in a pot. We all so enjoyed our meals. The taste was excellent and the service impeccable. Could not have asked for anything more. Cannot wait to go back. Excellent and can not say enough good things about the place.

The Dunns & Wagners

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Hotmodel7411
Barrie, Canada
“Food ok, Vegetarians go somewhere else”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Service was excellent. My partner had the ribs, he says they were average, the sauce on them was mediocre and was so strong it overwhelmed all the food on the plate. We ordered the sautéed onions as a side and sent them back. They were chewy and rubbery, as though it was an onion well past it's prime. At almost $3 for an onion I expect spectacular!

For vegetarians there really isn't much choice. There is pasta which I couldn eat due to a mushroom allergy. There are mushrooms in many of the dishes. I ended up ordering the garlic bread appetizer so I had something to eat. As I spent the rest of my evening drinking scads of water, I suspect the salt content is rather high.

Due to lack of menu choices for me and my partner's lukewarm response to the ribs, we won't be back.