“Awesome pizza, but skip the alfredo...”

Chicago Style Pizza Shack
Ranked #1 of 1,224 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Canada
“Awesome pizza, but skip the alfredo...”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had read a lot about Chicago Style Pizza Shack and so I was excited to visit. I took my kids on a Thursday evening. We had a brief wait, but were seated fairly quickly. My kids LOVE pasta alfredo, so they both ordered that. The restaurant specialty, the Stuffed Pizza, was on special so I decided to give it a try. Our food arrived hot in about 20 minutes and the portions were huge. However, we found the fettucine alfredo just so-so. It was creamy, but tasted like it had been made with a powdered chicken bouillon. There was a hint of garlic, but it was actually fairly taste-less. The stuffed pizza, however, was amazing. For me, there's no such thing as too much cheese, and this pizza was definitely stuffed with it and the toppings I had ordered. The pizza is so thick and gooey that one or two pieces is all you need. I will definitely go again, but I think I will stick to the tomato sauces and the pizza.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Karin C

• Arabic first
Paris, Ontario
“Back Again After The Reno”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've been here many times over the years. But while I was in the city had to check out the new reno ! There are no reservations and there is always a line inside and outside as there are maybe 10 -12 small tables. I notice that there were a lot of take out pick ups so the locals are phoning in! There are a few photos about ,celebrities, sports figures, and of course the Food Network's John Catucci from You Gotta Eat Here. Anways I ordered a Merlot and the Chicken La Diavolo which has a spicey tomato pepper sauce and spaghetti, and my wife ordered the Chicken Parm with rigatoni noodles. Both came with soup or salad, we chose the Staciatella soup. Every thing came quickly hot and tasty along with some French bread and butter. the service is quick and friendly considering the constant lineup. and the portion is considerable so order accordingly if taking some home! I think it was $43-44 bucks all in, an yes they have that deep dish Pizza. and the reno looks great!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Truckster442
“Meh.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Fat families love this place !
Maybe she was having a bad day. Our server was terrible. The food was oily and you can tell the sauce was from a can. (yuk)
Secret recipe ? - LOL
.. Just get a pie shell fill it with PRE-MADE toppings and tah dah. nothing special at all !!!
People that line up for "food" in a mall's food court (losers) will love this place.

6 Thank GODofFOODIES
Hamilton, Canada
“Best Lasagna Ever”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have been eating Chicago Style Pizza Shack food for over 30 years and it hasn't disappointed me yet!
I currently live close to the restaurant so it's only a short walk to get my favourite food.

I love all of their food, but the Lasagna is my favourite by far ... endless layers of noodles loaded with cheeses, meat and the best sauce you could imagine.

I can make two meals out of a small order when I combine it with the Mediterranean Salad ... it is to die for ... and it can easily feed more than 2 people.

My wife loves the Alfredo sauce ...

The price is more than reasonable ... show up early ... 4:15 ... or be prepared to have a glass of wine and wait ...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BrianKeymstr
Burlington, Canada
“Wow was the food good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I remember going in there years ago and the food was decent but now it was quite good. We had pizza, meatball sub and eggplant parmigiana. All good and the bill was very low. We arrived at 640 and were seated right away on a Wednesday night. There was a long line up when we left at 8

• Visited May 2014