“great surprise on a summer day”

Baranga's On The Beach
Ranked #66 of 1,234 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Baranga's on the Beach is beautifully located just steps away from Lake Ontario. When visiting Barangas you can expect a resort like feel where you can sit back relax and enjoy the spectacular view from our spacious patio. Barangas offers a variety of traditional Greek and Mediterranean dishes, as well as finger foods and burgers. Our cocktail menu is extensive, from Margarita's and Pina Colada's to pitchers of Sangria and a variety of draft beer. See you at the beach!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“great surprise on a summer day”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took a chance and dropped in for an early dinner. The food and service was quite good. We also enjoyed the view and had a nice stroll along the water afterwards.

2 Thank Selene_Canada2011

Brantford
“On The Beach”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The location is great right on Lake Ontario. For me the quality of the food is average, I am guessing the location is the main attraction.
If you are coming here for the Greek food, don't expect too be dazzled, it is average at best.
I had the dinner Greek Salad, which came without any dressing, and the only options I had was Balsamic vinegar and oil, not what is considered Traditional Greek. The other Greek dishes were ok, my wife had the Saganiki which is difficult to go wrong with.
Other standard fair included Salmon, Hamburgers, etc.
Extensive summer drink list, which should appeal to most people.
I would not go out of my way to go to this restaurant, but I am sure for most people it would be fine.

Ontario
“Nice view but nothing special about the food or service.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chicken club was dry and tasteless, nachos weren't bad. Our server wasn't overly friendly, she acted like we were bothering her if we asked for anything. Other wait staff also not friendly. Food and drinks all seemed overpriced?
Probably wont go back.

Hamilton, Ontario
“Almost felt "away"!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Baranga's is our "go-to" place on a warm sunny day. We love to sit on the patio and if you don't look too far to the right or left, you can almost imagine yourself in some exotic seaside location.
There was a steel band playing which only enhanced the experience. A lovely glass of cool white wine (me) and a cold beer (hubby) were the perfect accompaniments to our lunches. Hubby chose the gyro platter and I chose the spanikopita platter. The gyro platter came with tsatsiki sauce and warm pita; I was driven to steal some from his plate. The gyro is beautifully spiced and tender - I'd definitely try that the next time. The spanikopita coil was warm and flaky and spinachy and garlicky and cheesy (in a good way!!). Both platters came with a very fresh and lively Greek salad..... a perfect side.
We found ourselves craning our necks to check out the trays of food being delivered to other tables. Everything looked fresh and appealing and begging to be tried at our next visit.
While yes, you pay a bit more here, the food is freshly prepared, the servers are extremely pleasant and well-trained and the atmosphere is incredible. A great investment for a great dining experience!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Pam-and-Ken
“Fantastic view, yummy drinks, good food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The best feature is the view, especially while on the patio on a beautiful day. The food is a little pricey but it's very good, and their drink menu is huge. We go here for work lunches during the summer and it usually takes longer than an hour, but we keep going back. :-)

• Visited June 2013