“Excellent service, great food.”

Acclamation's Bar & Grill
Ranked #586 of 1,224 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Hamilton
Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent service, great food.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

when we entered, my daughter and I were the only two in the dining room. We were offered a place if we wished in the bar area, where there was a whole lot of people. We preferred the quietness of the main dining room. The menu we were offered was much much smaller than the one we read online. However, what we wanted was on the abbreviated menu anyways. We had Michael as our server. He was very attentive, without being annoying. We both ordered the beef tenderloin, which was fabulous. very tender. the heirloom carrots were a tad underdone, but we ate them anyways lol. The desserts were terrific. By the time we left, the place was much busier. I will certainly return here with my husband

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Toronto-Retiree

Mississauga, Canada
“Good food ... based on a recommendation.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Appetizers were great ... ordered a few to share. One thing we really wanted on the menu was no longer available.

Had the risotto for dinner ... it was very tasty, but not risotto which is creamy when made properly. This was more of an instant rice in a liquid broth.

Creme brûlée was made in-house ... very yummy.

Visited June 2013
canada
“stand fare for fair price”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

an average resteraunt with a standard menu. food was good, not excellent and service ok Nice location and great street view from some of the tables

Visited July 2012
1 Thank restleswanderer
Burlington
“Surprisingly better than expected”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Growing up in Hamilton, I remember when this place was a Hungarian goulasherie and catered to that demographic only. Now it is very cosmopolitan, with a nice varied menu. Hard floors echo sound when groups are in there enjoying the atmosphere, detracting from anotherwise enjoyable evening for two.

Visited September 2012
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Eat in the Back”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I ate in the dining section and really enjoyed the meal but discovered the back section with the bar. That's more "ME" and next time I'm going to dine back there. The fancy section is for when I bring my wife on a date!

Visited August 2012