“Quality Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto, Canada
“Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Extremely well kept 5 year old hotel with very clean and modern rooms. Typical high quality Marriott facility which is easy to get to from Highway 403 and the Lincoln Alexander Parkway. Has a nice outdoor area in the middle of hotel as well as a beautiful banquet area. Price through Marriott internet booking was not cheap at $189 per night including breakfast for 2 but I certainly got what I paid for and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to family or friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
DLC99,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Hamilton. We're pleased to have had you as our guests, and delighted to know you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad to know that you liked our beautiful property especially the clean and modern rooms. We're grateful for your recommendation and hope others will visit us for the same exceptional experience. Please make plans to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at another cheaper hotel which fell far beneath our standards. We called the Courtyard and they were able to accommodate our team of 16, including chaperons and coaches. We were very happy with the service, rooms were clean and well kept. They were very accommodating to us when we asked to eat our pizza in their breakfast area. We had a slight problem after checking out but they took care of the issue promptly. Will definitely be on our list for future tournaments in Hamilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Yvonne B,
It's great to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard. We're very glad to have had you and your large party as our guests. I'm glad our staff was able to accommodate all of you well and especially provide a nice place to eat pizza together. We welcome you all back any time and hope you have a successful season.
Sarnia, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night in October finding the staff friendly and accomodating, while the hotel itself was clean and well outfitted with a small gym, pool, bar, lounge area and breakfast area. While the breakfast wasn't included, it was a fair price for the all you can eat hot buffet - including omlettes made to your liking. Coffee was also included in the $12.99 price, while those just wanting a coffee on the run could get one for free at the front desk. My room was clean, comfortable and everything I needed. The parking lot for this hotel is large and very well lit at night. Nearby eating options within walking distance include Swiss Chalet, Harveys, Hooters and a few others. I would definately stay here again. , .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SunSeekerRon
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
SunSeekerRon,
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased you chose to stay with us and had a pleasant visit. I’m glad you liked our staff and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We appreciate you letting us know that you would definitely stay here again, as we look forward to seeing you again.
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

2nd time staying at this location. Stayed for 2 nights. I travelled for business, when I checked in I had several bags and was struggling at the desk and the clerk to my surprise I did not even suggest to use the baggage trolley, which I had no ideal they had. Got up to my room that faced the parking lot, next time my company books me there I will ask for a courtyard veiw. The room was okay! I was booked in a King size room and where the TV is you cannot change channels from the bed and closet blocking view of TV from bed, strange set up! No room service. The only other beef was the stains on the couch, did not want to go near it pretty gross! The exercise room is okay! The 2 day seminar I held went well the service was great!!! The food Great!!! Thanks for that! Lobby very nice and comfortable. Overall would I stay here again, yes and would I hold seminars here again, definitely yes!

Room Tip: Ask for Court yard view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HopeToronto_Ontario
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
HopeToronto_Ontario,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm very happy to hear that your seminar went well and the food was great. I will look into the housekeeping issue you mentioned and make sure we rectify this situation immediately. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I hope you will plan another seminar with us and enjoy another great visit.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travel for work frequently and have never felt at risk when staying at a hotel, until I stayed at The Courtyard By Marriott in Hamilton. I left my suitcase in my locked room and left for 9 hours to go work. Upon arrival back to my room the front door no longer recognized my card and my Mac Book had been stolen. I brought this to the attention of the staff at the Marriott only to be made felt that I was a liar. After much discussion, I was finally introduced to the Area General Manager who took my information and business card. He claimed he had to discuss the matter with his boss. It has now been 6 weeks and both the Area General Manager and his Boss are ignoring my emails and phone calls. Unless you want your personal items stolen out of your room I would not recommend this hotel. I will never return to a Marriott again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Jessica B
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear: Jessica B

We appreciate your business at our property. I assure you we take these matters very seriously and have thoroughly investigated as well as spoken with you along with our Marriott Guest Relations team. Our investigation did not show any entrance via the electronic door lock other than the guest key. We are truly sorry that you do not have your item, however, our frequent communications have not turned up anything. We value you as a guest and hope to see you in the future.

Andrew Holmes
Port Dover, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Second time staying at this property on the mountain in Hamilton Ontario. The fastest check in I have ever had. Quiet, clean and well managed this place is a great one to stay at if in the area. Central to some great shops, malls and restaurants. The courtyard is peacefull and has a waterfall and stream which are very calming and well looked after.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Any room seems OK.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dusty2
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
dusty2,

Thank you for your continued business. We’re glad to hear from you and learn about your enjoyment of our hotel and surrounding area. We welcome you to come and stay with us again at Courtyard.

Yours truly,
Andrew Holmes, General Manager
Amherst, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Beautiful location! Grounds well groomed. Staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless and comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at this establishment. My only suggestion would be to have benches or lawn chairs on the property for relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family