“Decent...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Alberta
“Decent...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

The service was inconsistent... The front desk staff who checked me in had poor hospitality skills. Whoever took over after that shift ended was definitely better.

The breakfast was decent at best... Not sure what was up with the orange juice...! Moderately over priced for what it was, but not terrible. Wish the restaurant was open for dinner.

The room was decent. My only complaint was the paper thin walls and the poor respect for shared living spaces shown by other hotel guests.

The pool looked pretty good, although I didn't have a chance to try it.

Best part - Price ($89/night)
Worst part - the thin walls

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank big_paan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed while attending my brother's wedding closeby. My youngest brother and his wife also stayed, and enjoyed the hotel, its staff, and amenities.

I have nothing but praise for the hotel, its staff, its proximity to everything, and the restaurant food. The chap at the front desk had an amusing and refreshing sense-of-humour, the housekeepers were friendly, and the restaurant staff were very professional and accomodating, as well.
We could not have asked for more. I tend to think that those complainers who posted their negative comments would be hard to please anywhere, and under any circumstances! Their comments made me strongly angered and irritated.
I can only apologized for not having commented sooner!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in June. My wife and I returned because we were seeing the Nutcracker at Hamilton Place. The room was very well appointed, the staff friendly, and the beds comfortable. It is great value for the money. My only complaint is that the restaurant is no longer open in evenings. Too bad. The food is great; we enjoyed our breakfasts.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keithoflondon
New York, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

The front desk staff are friendly and try to be helpful.

The hotel is situated between a busy road and a busy highway. With earplugs, though, it is surprisingly quiet.

The bed was extremely comfortable, but on my last night, I found a bed bug in it. Also, the floor seemed not to have been cleaned well. For example, there was a sticky plastic cap by the bed. The room would have been more comfortable if it had been cleaner and free of bed bugs.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelingE3
Richmond Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

Very pleasant motel, and I am surprised at all the discontent voiced on this board. Admittedly, we stayed only one night, but the restaurant was good, the pool was great and the breakfast was awesome. We would definitely stay there again. By the way, the bloke on the front desk did have an unusual sense of humor, which most Americans would fail to understand, but then, if you want to mix always with your own kind of people then maybe next time you should just stay home......

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

The Visitors Inn treated us well while we were there, and I'm very surprised by the negative reviews on this site.

Free internet and free local calls make coordinating a visit in the area easier than I could have hoped. The room was clean and comfortable, with a terrific shower. The Continental breakfast is a fair price for the standard sort of fare. The location is great for getting to McMaster and Westdale, as well as further afield. While I had no contact with the front desk staff, all of the restaurant and cleaning staff were cheerful and pleasant to us.

The Visitors Inn may not be a five-star hotel, but it's a solid four stars, and worth checking out.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2008

I had booked this hotel directly and had two requests. I advised them that I was coming in with my parents (90 yrs & 87 yrs) and needed their room to be close so they wouldn't have to walk far and the second request was that the rooms (theirs and mine) would not be near the pop machine room.

We arrived in the early evening of Oct 29th to find that their room was 3/4 the way down a long hallway on the first floor and my room was next to the pop machine room on the third floor!!

The front desk person was rude and unaccommodating. We stayed only one night even though we were booked for 5.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — near to the destination of my visit
  • Disliked — rude, unaccommodating front desk staff person.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kailuna