“Pleasant stay at good place for Hamilton visitors.”
Review of Visitors Inn

Visitors Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
New Jersey
“Pleasant stay at good place for Hamilton visitors.”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The Visitors Inn treated us well while we were there, and I'm very surprised by the negative reviews on this site.

Free internet and free local calls make coordinating a visit in the area easier than I could have hoped. The room was clean and comfortable, with a terrific shower. The Continental breakfast is a fair price for the standard sort of fare. The location is great for getting to McMaster and Westdale, as well as further afield. While I had no contact with the front desk staff, all of the restaurant and cleaning staff were cheerful and pleasant to us.

The Visitors Inn may not be a five-star hotel, but it's a solid four stars, and worth checking out.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I had booked this hotel directly and had two requests. I advised them that I was coming in with my parents (90 yrs & 87 yrs) and needed their room to be close so they wouldn't have to walk far and the second request was that the rooms (theirs and mine) would not be near the pop machine room.

We arrived in the early evening of Oct 29th to find that their room was 3/4 the way down a long hallway on the first floor and my room was next to the pop machine room on the third floor!!

The front desk person was rude and unaccommodating. We stayed only one night even though we were booked for 5.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — near to the destination of my visit
  • Disliked — rude, unaccommodating front desk staff person.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Kailuna
Chicago
Reviewed September 26, 2008

The front disk (a male) was very rude, unhelpful, he didn't even bother himself to answer a simple questioins. This hotel lacks the important thing in any hotel, the front disk.
Bad front disk, expect to stay in bad hotel.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — FRONT DISK
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Ahmad434
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Stayed overnight while picking up our daughter from McMaster Universtiy from a summer program. Very convenient to the Universtiy.

The lobby is bright and clean. Rooms are a little dated, but clean. Free high-speed internet is available in your room. As a business traveller, I found this motel (it is not a B&B as the classification in TripAdvisor suggests) is okay.

There is a swimming pool and a fitness room. Swimming pool is okay -- the fitness room is small with some basic equipment in it.

The VIP restaurant provide is as good as it's slogan -- "good food at a reasonable price".

Overall, I didn't have high expectations and the room was certaiinly good for the price I paid.

• Liked — Cost and location to University.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2007

I stayed in this Inn while i was on a business trip. I had the worst experience in this hotel: the front desk clerk was NOT friendly or helpful; the elevator stinks and is incredibly slow, my bed sheet smells..., my TV channels periodically do not have any programs, the internet never worked in my room, the front desk clerk made me running up and down the stairs (as i want to avoid the elevator) to change the internet cables (trying to use the internet on the first day); i parked my car in the back which connected to my back door, but my back door lock never worked (the front desk clerk promised to fix it, but it never happened), so i had to park my car in the back and walk all the way to the front to come to my room(it was raining heavily), i left the house-keeping girl a note to ask her not to do my bed, then i got a nasty note back from her after i came back from work... what an unpleasant experience!

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank qwang02
Reviewed April 3, 2006

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel from March 31-April 2 while she attended an interview and orientation at McMaster University.

I strongly disagree with the effusive ratings for this hotel on this site. To be clear, the hotel was a good choice for our purpose, but it is not in my view the fabulous facility described by some reviewers.

The Visitors Inn is a 60s type motor-hotel located on a busy thoroughfare (Main). Our room faced that street and traffic noise kept us awake. The decor is brick, glass, and imitation greenery. The rooms are unexceptional, but adequately fitted and clean. The hotel restaurant was filthy and the food mediocre: a 2 star at best. The hotel gym is small -a stepper, treadmill, a universal-type weight machine, and a stationery bike, the computer for which did not work -but clean. Front desk personnel were civil but not particulalry helpful or gracious. Queries from guests seemed to be perceived by the staff as interruptions of their own personal calls and conversations.

On the positive side, the hotel is extremely well located. It is midway between the University campus and downtwn Hamilton and within walking distance of both. Internet access is free. We had a McMaster rate of $99.00.

Hamilton s a very pretty city with some very attractive neighbourhoods.It is most definitely a university town with many young fresh faces and a positive energy. We particularly enjoyed the Westdale area (King St. West) and the area around Mayfair Crescent.

Stayed March 2006
11 Thank Fearful
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2005

My friend and I stayed at the Visitors Inn for four nights last week and I really didn't want to leave. The room itself was spotless. Everything looked brand-new. The beds were incredibly comfortable. We didn't use the mini-bar, but took advantage of the mini-fridge. All the staff were very friendly and courteous. The indoor pool/spa/sauna area was the icing on the cake. We availed ourselves of it every day, which made our stay all that much more relaxing. The location is superb: Easy to get to by car and served by several bus routes. And there are numerous great restaurants, a shopping mall, and three Tim Horton's within a short walking distance!

The next time I visit Hamilton I won't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business