“Very nice and friendly staff”
Review of Visitors Inn

Visitors Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am staying here on buisness. The university actually recommended it and glad they did. The staff is great very friendly and always great you with a genuine smile. There need to be more inns like this and I guess I could say I travel a bit this is my 8th buisness trip this year. The salad I had at the restaurant was ok but I rarely get a great salad. Mcmasters U is within walking distance about 15 min walk, and 5 min by taxi.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed in the Jacuzzi suite here over a long weekend in February. The room was huge! This was probably the best thing I could say about the room though. It was definitely in need of a revamp. I don't think the room has been updated since the 90s. Everything just looked tired and old. This would have been fine to manage with, but it wasn't even that clean. The glass tops on two of the tables had smudges from the last guest, and there was someone else's hair in the Jacuzzi. I had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, and the food was pretty good though.
Until the hotel invests some money into updating the rooms (and keeping them clean), I don't think I will visit again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pahboh
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I am an international student. I went to Hamilton and while I was looking for an accomodation I stayed at the hotel for 3 days.

THE STAFF: they were very very friendly. The first day, when i got the hotel there was an old man in in front desk who maybe wasnt so good since he looked quite tired of my bad english (although he was all the time trying to keep a false smile pretending to look friendly...). The rest were pretty good. They helped me at anything I needed or any doubt I had.
Last morning I was at the hotel i went to the restaurant to have breakfast. The woman that was working there was really really friendly. She was from Scottland as far as I remember and was chatting with me.

THE ROOM: it was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy biiiigggggg!!!! I was alone and I had 2 double beds, a big sofa and an hugeeeee desk. There was a flat TV but I didnt use it. It was very clean, and it was cleaned everyday. The bathroom -- good enough. I didnt need more. It dont think it was noisy at night (Ive read in some commets that some people werent so happy about that)...what is important to sleep well.

THE FOOD: As i said before I only had breakfast the last day i was there and it was good. Good price and quality.

THE PRICE: for a spanish person it is expensive, but the rest of hotels are also expensive in a spanish view point so...comparing with the rest of hotels of hamilton, I think it was the best ratio price-quality.Ive read some other hotels that everyone who stated there were very happy because it wasnt hotel, there were kind of houses where you could stay in some rooms but their cost was 130€ per night as far as i remember...well i dont think you should pay that much when you could go to Visitort Inn hotel that its cheaper and you will spend a very good stay there.

LOCATION:It was quite close to MacMaster University. I counted exactly 20 minutes walking and there was a bus stop close to the hotel.

I saw the swimming pool although i didnt use it. It was good enough for a hotel.

CONCLUSIONS: I recommend this hotel. Id say its the best choice if you want to stay in Hamilton due to its ratio price-quality.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank cnd85Traveler
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed here in October, mostly friendly Staff ,small but good restaurant,serving excellent breakfast. Very nice pool for an early morning swim for those with jet-lag.Rooms comfatable with large beds ,downside was small wardrobe and the noise from highways bothsides of hotel .Parking is free and buses stop outside hotel.Overall great Value for money

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank southernwrinklee
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed here over the December Holidays and found the location excellent for the McMaster area of Hamilton and also for suburbs like Westdale and Dundas. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds large and comfortable, indoor heated pool. Parking is free. Restaurant was good and quick with the best breakfast omelette that I have ever had. The location adjacent to Main and King Streets and Highway 403 means that you need a vehicle as you are not within walking distance of anything, except the Urgent Care (medical) location across the street. Good value, especially if you are visiting McMaster University.

Room Tip: Use the Aberdeen exit if coming off Hwy 403
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thtrekker
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed here for several nights when my son was admitted to McMaster hospital up the street. Be warned, this hotel is not really within walking distance to the hospital. (unless you are a hiker. I am not) Parking is free at the hotel but killer expensive at the hospital (yikes) The one older man that worked the front desk was slightly snobby and stand-offish (Richard maybe?) but other than him, the staff were quite friendly. There are free newspapers at the front desk and vending machines on the first floor. The 2nd night we found a stick on fingernail in our bed that wasn't there the night before! EEEEK! We figure the maid lost it while making the bed. Oh and room service was not avail late night or on the weekends which kinda sucked. The hotel was older, slightly outdated but clean and a decent place to rest my head which was exactly what we needed.

Room Tip: ask for away from the street. Main street is busy and LOUD!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Very nice room. Friendly staff. And fairly reasonable price. Even if it is on Main St. it's not the best location if you don't have a car. Still within walking distance of downtown. Room was clean except for coffee maker. Pool & restaurant seemed nice, but did not have a chance to test them. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: November 2011