“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Spring Rolls - CLOSED

Spring Rolls
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Thai, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I were here this evening (Thursday August 15) as friends of ours had invited us out for dinner. I had no clue this restaurant was here, nor did I know it was a chain, until now. I have read the previous reviews and I can say that we did not experience any of their misfortunes. Our food was hot, there were no health violations that we could see, the service was impeccable, the prices were great and the food was fabulous. Sorry to those that had a horrible experience...our's was just the opposite!

We were seated quite quickly by the hostess (whom was smiling and very friendly). When browsing the menu (which we found out had just recently been revamped), my wife and I chose the Price fixed Dinner Menu ($22.95 per person & offered a 3 course meal).

Christine was our server (and Jay, whom she was training) was pleasant in taking our order, making suggestions for one of our guests who was indecisive. I ordered the Hot & Sour soup for appetizer, the Mango Tango Shrimp with Pad Thai for my main, and the Deep Fried Ice Cream for dessert. As well, I ordered the salt & Pepper Calamari as an appetizer that all four of us would share. I was impressed by the prices of the menu items, the photos clearly showing the items, and the descriptions were spot on.

When our calamari arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the presentation. The Calamari was so tender and so flavourful, we couldn't get enough. My soup was so tasty and was a great portion. Not too hot (spicy) but so much flavour I couldn't stop eating it. Then my Pad Thai came out with the mango tango shrimp. The plating was great...pad thai on one side of the plate, and the shrimp with onions, peppers and mango in a bowl on the other side. I had taken a picture of this delightful dish, but the picture didn't come out right (probably my thumb got in the way). Once again, the portion size is great and I actually had to bring some home as I needed to make room for dessert...lol! When the Deep fried ice Cream arrived, I was smiling because it looked so yummy! I have included a photo of this dessert. Perfection!

Our experience at this restaurant was spot on, and on our next visit, we will be trying their tapas menu.

FOOTNOTE: We never felt rushed, or that we were taking up space, as we did extend our visit here due to great conversation amongst ourselves. Even after paying the bill, we were still served refills of water and their honey ginger tea. Christine, Jay and the manager Trang Le continued to check on us to see if we were good and if we needed anything else. We left a nice tip for their hard work!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Returned there after the first few just for drinks and something small to have before meeting my daughters. I expected the bar guys to be neutral to me but instead they all were very social and outgoing. The had good service, made my drinks exactly as I wanted them and over all had a very good time. Atmosphere in their 'lounge' area was nice enough for both a restaurant and bar. It was nice to see both genders behind the bar rather than just male staff or just female staff. All were very nice and social and I would definitely return.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

To begin, I was really excited that the new restaurant was opening at Limeridge. The mall needed some changes and Springrolls would have been a pleasant one. I went there on a Friday evening and first off couldn't find the way in. The girl at take out directed me outside and as I walked in I was greeted pleasantly by the hostesses and was sat immediately. I was sat in a booth with my wife but it was too dark to read the menu. Thankfully, we had an amazing server who explained the menu completely to us. We ordered the Triple Cheese dumplings as appetizers after tasting them from the sample booth in the mall. The dumplings were not as tasty as the ones out at sample even though they were hot and seemed to be freshly made by order. Then the entrees came and we had the Chicken Pad Thai and the Udon Noodle with Veggies. Pad thai had in my opinion way too much coriander and other unnecessary garnishes. But over all I liked the Pad Thai but it wasn't the best out of the best. My wife found the Udon noodles a little too salty but still found it quite tasty. Our drinks were amazing and came out very nice. Over all the service was amazing, it was a fun atmosphere with staff that looked very happy. The food could have some minor changes but over all I would definitely come back and try a few other items. If you are looking for a large variety with many choices, Springrolls does have a ton of choices on their menus. I went back and had take out shortly after on my way home and the food tasted the same and was surprisingly warm when I got home with the same sized portion as you would get inside the store.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been to this place twice and each time we have been very pleased. The food was good, the first time , I had sweet & sour chicken then pasta on the second visit. The presentation made it very appetizing and the servers got together and brought our food so we all could start eating at the same time at our table.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We visited Spring Rolls at Limeridge Mall for lunch. We found that the food was tasty but rather cool. This was disappointing. The restaurant was busy and quite noisy. The server was friendly and answered our questions about the menu with ease. Since I don't use chopsticks, I only received a fork and spoon but no knife. I could have used one to cut the broccoli as the pieces were large.