“Horrible service horrible pizza way overpriced.”
Review of Mother's Pizza - CLOSED

Mother's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had ordered a pizza for pickup to see how close this pizza was to the original Mothers.. I can tell you its not. As a matter of fact it reminded me of the pizza I can get at metro on the mountain. The crust was pretty good the sauce was strange it actually burned down the back of my throat as I ate it. It gave me indigestion. The corn meal on the bottom of the pizza is not there... That was part of the mothers Magic. Anyway the service was really slow they are not set up for pickup orders IMO. I dont think I will give it another shot I paid $30 for a large pizza and garlic bread. Want a good pizza Chicago Style pizza shack on Upper Sherman is a much better choice. Too bad really the original mothers ROCKED this does not.

1  Thank 823Justacustomer

Reviewed September 29, 2013

In the spirit of full disclosure, I went to high school across the street from one of the original Mother's Pizza restaurants. We had family dinners there, and in fact, I had my first real grown-up date there. I drive by the old location all the time and have always had fond memories, so I was thrilled when I saw the old Ponderosa/Red Lobster/Tony Romas re-open as Mother's.

We've waited a few months to try it out, and on Friday, we went. The restaurant is basically Tony Romas with checkered seats on the booths...There is very little of the Mother's pizza character, and the service was pretty lame...our server wasn't bad, but she wasn't on top of her game, that's for sure. The pizza was good enough, and the prices weren't bad...It cost less for the family to eat there than at Montanas or Kelseys or one of those types of places, but they need to work out some service issues.

I guess the moral of this story is that you just can't go back. I think for people like my kids, who don't have years of memories from the original, the restaurant was good enough. My advice is to leave your memories at home, and forget about your emotional attachment to the original and just eat pizza. If you can handle that, then the pizza is pretty good. If you're hoping for more, you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank Sean S
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just because you got the receipt don't mean you an run a business.
Pizza was good despite getting topping requests wrong (staff issue).
Draw of the pizza won't make up for the overall poor experience & totally missing the mark on the atmosphere of dining in. (management issue)
Too many management rookie mistakes. Painful to watch when so many great consistent alternatives are around them. Its nauseating to see good money invested only to be wasted on poor management.
Very slow service over all. yet lots of staff in clusters.
No wait for seats at 7 pm Saturday??
Server not well trained... too many mistakes.
Strange policies.
At this rate, full seats today = empty tomorrow. I give them 15- 18 months of life, in this condition before bankruptcy, partner fallout or take over.

1  Thank Megatraveler A
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not the same as it was in the past. The pizza was just ok and very pricey. I dont think i will ever have a craving to go back there. Ive had better pizza from the little shop around the corner. I was really hoping it was going to be as good as i remembered. Im sorry to say I was disappointed.

1  Thank channa69
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was very average, and the manager blamed my taste buds for finding the food poor.. Wish they would've left Mother's pizza where it was, in the past!! It wrecked every good memory I had of Mother's!...

2  Thank TheHappyHitter