“great to see the iconic brand back”
Review of Mother's Pizza

Mother's Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Mother's Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 1,227 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brampton, Canada
“great to see the iconic brand back”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I remember when Mother's was one of the best pizza restaurants - unfortunately they went out of business - now they are trying to re-establish the brand and they are moving in the right direction - granted there is no salad bar and they could use a few more screens showing the old black and white movies - we had Stacey for our waitress who went over the menu and made suggestions which were very helpful....we didn't have to wait long for our food - the pizzas were excellent...hopefully if they open more they will do it slowly.....there is no take-out or delivery available

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 2011taurus

“They are experiencing growing pains.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It has potential. But, if you remember the original restaurant it is not much like it at all. All 4 plates on our table were dirty. The cup had a lipstick mark. My water never came. We had to ask for the salad dressing which was ordered on the side. The Spiimoni ice cream which was to come with our meal was "all out". The people beside us had a problem with the bill. Another table had to send a meal back. The wait to get in was 45 minutes. They were a bit understaffed. We came from Ancaster. I can't think of a reason to rush back. It was interesting though, and I do wish them luck.

• Visited June 2013
Burlington, Canada
“Like going back in time....”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The pizza was just like we remembered! They've done a great job of balancing the old and the new. Clean, freindly staff who cater to the crowd that remembers the original restaurant chain. We tried the small pizza specials with a salad (Grandmother's and Mrs. Mahoney) and both were tasty and delivered quickly. Definitely brings back fond memories!

Visited May 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
“Needs some work”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I think I was probably 6 years old when Mother's Pizza closed its doors. Needless to say I was excited to see the resurgence of this once iconic restaurant.

My wife and I tried for a few months to get in, often driving by and seeing the line out the door. We were finally successful.

We were greeted courteously and sat promptly. Our server ( Patricia) was very friendly and honest. My wife ordered the fettuccine alfredo and added chicken. I had a large Hula Hula ( Hawaiian) pizza. My wife also ordered a ceasar salad to start.

The salad was incredibly dry. She had to request extra dressing which helped. The salad was run of the mill. Certainly nothing to write home about.

Our entrees arrived shortly after. The pasta was fine. The chicken was dry and bland. The alfredo sauce has a hint of nutmeg in it which gives it a different flavour.

The pizza was delicious. I had to use a fork and knife to eat it due to the texture of it but that's fine by me. It might be the best pizza crust I've had outside of New York.

Our biggest gripes were the salad. For 5.99 as an add on we found this to be an embarrassment especially you could walk next door and get a salad INCLUDED with your pasta dish at a competing pizza chain. If you get spaghetti the salad is included but not with other pasta dishes. The chicken also missed the mark in a big way.

We will be back, but there is no way my wife will order the same dish. Also if you want an appetizer salad, save your money.

• Visited May 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Memories of Mother's”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Growing up I lived minutes from a Mother's Pizza location in Hamilton, so, with memories in mind, I had to try it. The new Mother's has the best of the old and the new. The atmosphere was akin to Mother's of years gone by, with a bright new look. My wife and I ordered separate "off the menu" pizzas (each our historical favorites) and it was like a trip down memory lane!!! Fantastic!!! The restaurant was bright, well appointed and spotless. Even the washrooms were perfect (very important to us). Whoever is doing the hiring does a great job. The staff were ALL well met, clean cut, well spoken, polite, intelligent and happy! Don't get me wrong, but, this old man (of55 years) appricated the absence of noticeable piercings, tattoos and ethnic statements on all of the employees. Great food, value, and people, we'll be back.

• Visited May 2013