“Like going back in time....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mother's Pizza

Mother's Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Mother's Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #449 of 1,216 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Burlington, Canada
“Like going back in time....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The pizza was just like we remembered! They've done a great job of balancing the old and the new. Clean, freindly staff who cater to the crowd that remembers the original restaurant chain. We tried the small pizza specials with a salad (Grandmother's and Mrs. Mahoney) and both were tasty and delivered quickly. Definitely brings back fond memories!

Visited May 2013

“Needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I think I was probably 6 years old when Mother's Pizza closed its doors. Needless to say I was excited to see the resurgence of this once iconic restaurant.

My wife and I tried for a few months to get in, often driving by and seeing the line out the door. We were finally successful.

We were greeted courteously and sat promptly. Our server ( Patricia) was very friendly and honest. My wife ordered the fettuccine alfredo and added chicken. I had a large Hula Hula ( Hawaiian) pizza. My wife also ordered a ceasar salad to start.

The salad was incredibly dry. She had to request extra dressing which helped. The salad was run of the mill. Certainly nothing to write home about.

Our entrees arrived shortly after. The pasta was fine. The chicken was dry and bland. The alfredo sauce has a hint of nutmeg in it which gives it a different flavour.

The pizza was delicious. I had to use a fork and knife to eat it due to the texture of it but that's fine by me. It might be the best pizza crust I've had outside of New York.

Our biggest gripes were the salad. For 5.99 as an add on we found this to be an embarrassment especially you could walk next door and get a salad INCLUDED with your pasta dish at a competing pizza chain. If you get spaghetti the salad is included but not with other pasta dishes. The chicken also missed the mark in a big way.

We will be back, but there is no way my wife will order the same dish. Also if you want an appetizer salad, save your money.

Hamilton, Canada
“Memories of Mother's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Growing up I lived minutes from a Mother's Pizza location in Hamilton, so, with memories in mind, I had to try it. The new Mother's has the best of the old and the new. The atmosphere was akin to Mother's of years gone by, with a bright new look. My wife and I ordered separate "off the menu" pizzas (each our historical favorites) and it was like a trip down memory lane!!! Fantastic!!! The restaurant was bright, well appointed and spotless. Even the washrooms were perfect (very important to us). Whoever is doing the hiring does a great job. The staff were ALL well met, clean cut, well spoken, polite, intelligent and happy! Don't get me wrong, but, this old man (of55 years) appricated the absence of noticeable piercings, tattoos and ethnic statements on all of the employees. Great food, value, and people, we'll be back.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Mother's Day at Mother's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Decided to venture to Hamilton for Mother's Day with the family of 5 adults and 2 children. Use to frequent Mother's original restaurants. Line up for Dinner at 2pm, but moved quickly considering the day. Our waitress was cheerful and helpful. The food was what we expected, good choice, overall a good experience. The restaurant is not the same as the old Mother's, only one black and white TV, no Mother's glasses and the walls could use some memorabilia. One lady who worked at Mother's original wore her name badge, but it was not recognized by the management on Mother's day, she should have received desert or recognition. Each mother got a $10 gift certificate, which was a good promo. We all enjoyed our Mother's visit.....

“Horrible Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favour, if you are visiting this restaurant, get back in your car and head down the street to Boston Pizza or East Side Marios. The food here is a step above spaghetti from a can. The kids will love it, pizza is like that cardboard and sauce you get at Chucky Cheese. Our friend had pizza and was sick the whole next day. And I can't tell you the last time I ordered veal and it came out square in shape (frozen cutlet?) Seriously, I would be embarrassed for the original owners of Mother's Pizza if they had any part in this new misadventure. Don't waste your time.

• Visited April 2013