“Super”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Culantro Peruvian Cookery - MOVED

Culantro Peruvian Cookery
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Culantro Peruvian Cookery is the dream of a Lima & San Francisco-trained chef who found himself far from home. Everything we do is from-scratch & beautifully presented in a spotlessly clean, cosy atmosphere.
cabarete
“Super”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

What a super meal. Simple ingredients, really well done. You will be hard pressed to find a meal this good for this cheap anywhere in Ontario, never mind Hamilton.

Fresh, tasty and really well prepared. Watch for this one to grow!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank CabareterR

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Whenever I am in Hamilton, I make an effort to eat at Culantro. I usually order lomo saltado, empanada special and pollo a la brasa. The meat is cooked to perfection and the sides (sweet potatoes and yucca fries) are one of the best I have had. This place is highly recommended.

The waitress and owner are very attentive and always make sure you have the best experience.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank WaikikiTdot
Toronto, Canada
“Full of flavours and homemade ingredients”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have been here a few times plus a takeout order. The chef is a very patient, hardworking man with specific cooking standards. This is a small authentic restaurant so their prices are about average, not cheap at all but not super expensive either. The various potates and fried foods are fantastic IF you love different spices and textures in your mouth. Lots of crunch, sauces from sour to spicy and creamy for everything. Even their homemade drinks are wonderful. The drinks are not cheap but there are good reasons for that. You won't be able to get them anywhere else (that i know of). The service is wonderful. Most portions are very generous.

The only downside or warning would be the combination of flavours that may upset any sensitive stomach. My stomach can handle dairy, spicy hot and sour foods all at once. My friend had an upset stomach afterwards but he does not regret eating whatsoever. He said it was worth it for enjoying all the flavours.

Ask questions whenever you want. Reservations are limited because it is a small space but they are very kind and accomodating if you just call first or just ask.You are welcome to deny any sauces and tell them what you prefer instead of all the sauces.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mimi-AMD
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Does Not need improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Simply delicious. The two of us had appetizers, mains, dessert and juice. Was fantastic and we look forward to returning soon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Higgicd
Toronto, Canada
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I ate here last year, did not give a positive review and thought I would come back for another try. This time I had Pollo a la Brasa and chicha morada. Polla a la brasa is rotisserie chicken. The chicken was cooked to perfection - moist but fully cooked. I found the chicken good but not too flavourful - but I don't eat the skin where most of the flavour usually is. It came with two sides. I choose the sweet potato fries and quinoa salad. Both were good. Unfortunately the food was too salty for me but I never use much salt so it may be fine for most people. The chicha was not as good as I usually have. It did not have the flavour I am used to. It seemed watered down and the only flavour that I could taste was cinnamon.

• Visited May 2014