“Depends on the time of day”

Che Burrito & Lounge
Ranked #861 of 1,218 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Mexican
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Depends on the time of day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

as a "bar" I don't recommend it, the below review by Paul is bang on.

HOWEVER

at off-times, which lets recall is more often than not. This is a great place to stop in for a custom burrito, or other 'mexican' pub foods. I know I've ordered something other than a made to order burrito, but I can't remember what it was. I am in Hamilton only infrequently, for the past two years anytime I've come through I have snatched up a hipster burrito like it was going out of style. There's not much authentic about it and sometimes it's kind of *meh*, but on the average you get wickedly good food for a not bad price.

The music when it's not 'busy' is whatever random crap satellite station the waitress of the moment selects. The beer selection is *meh*. The wine for those of you who date people who say "I'll have the house red" is not exactly exceptional. However for the price, you're not going to get much better food......., but there's nice alternatives at Papagayo, Ole and Mex-I-Can which don't have the nice patio and chill out appeal. Mex-I-Can in particular, prepare to get ignored by staff when you get there.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pen N

Hamilton, Canada
“Hipster Central”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the more popular hess village bars. Great music. Keep in mind you need to be pretty intoxicated to enjoy yourself here. This shoulder-to-shoulder bar is small, sweaty and jam-packed with hipsters. Not a sit-down place. Hold onto your drink tightly - you will be be pushed around.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paul M
Toronto, Canada
“Che-anged my life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I fell in love with my shrimp. It was the happiest day of my life.It is still the same, and that is such a good feeling.

• Visited March 2012