“Truly lovely lunch!”

Sarcoa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Sarcoa, Hamilton's premiere waterfront dining experience and events centre. Using fresh local ingredients, our chef's make everything possible in-house. Our goal is to provide you with gourmet comfort food in a warm, contemporary setting. Our 350 seat Waterfront Patio is the jewel of Hamilton. This year on the Waterfront Patio, we no longer be utilize an outdoor kitchen with a separate menu. Instead, the area behind the outdoor stage is now a self-service lounge area. This lounge space is for enjoying drinks and waterfront views. We kindly ask you grab your own drinks at the outdoor bar, and take them back to enjoy the lounge. If you are interested in joining us for lunch or dinner, you will need to make a reservation in advance, and will then be seated in a designated area with service: the interior of Sarcoa, Sarcoa's Upper Patio, or at a glass table in front of the patio stage. We understand the concept of our patio is a little different; however, because our chefs strive to serve the highest quality of freshly made menu items, in doing so, we must compromise with the ability to only serve a limited amount of guests at one time at a slightly slower pace. We kindly ask for your cooperation and understanding in regards to the way we orchestrate our patio. Our goal is to give you and your family and friends a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy well-crafted food on the best patio in Hamilton. We hope to see you out there soon! Cheers, Management
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Truly lovely lunch!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Sarcoa is an amazing waterfront restaurant in downtown Hamilton, Ontario and a must see when dining in the city. I enjoyed lunch with a friend and we both chose the Steak Frites with Beranaise Sauce & Fries and it was delicious. I have a large appetite for an average size woman and was a bit nervous when the cone of fries came topped with the perfectly done, medium steak. To my surprise it was more than enough food, a good portion of steak and I wasn't even able to finish my fries. Along with the meal we both enjoyed a lovely 6oz. glass of California Cabernet Sauvignon wine, from the extensive list. We finished the meal with a Cafe Americana and a Coffee which were delicious. Saying that, lunch was not cheap at Sarcoa, our meal came to over $80 without tip, but it was worth it if you choose to afford the venue. We are going with our spouses tonight as they have live bands on the weekends and a different menu, so I am excited to see how dinner goes. The patio overlooks the water and seats a large number of people so I am certain with the Motown band this evening, it will be quite an event...stay tuned.

Visited June 2014

Hamilton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best view money can buy”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I love this place! There is absolutely nothing like it in Hamilton or the GTA for that matter. The views are spectacular, the live bands on Saturday are wonderful and the bartenders know what they're doing. I go here weekly for a girls night out and the bartender named Sarah remembers us and our drink order every time. I've never had a bad experience.

1 Thank Juliareggio
Hamilton, Canada
“I would give it a zero but, that's not an option here”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was overcharged at lunch. Didn't notice the error until I got back to work. I phoned and brought it to their attention... they said come back, we'll refund you the money.
I drove back (which was out of my way I might add) and, when I presented my receipt and pointed out the discrepancy the "manager" and I use the term loosely, refused to give me back my money.
Bottom line: I was charged for a product I didn't consume.

I will never go back. I am telling everyone I know about this incident in the hope that others won't have the same mistreatment I had..

Visited June 2014
4 Thank 205Foodie
Rick F, General Manager at Sarcoa, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear 205Foodie,

We are so sorry that you had a bad experience, and would like the chance to clarify the overcharge in question. We were unfortunately sold out of corona bottles upon your visit, so instead the server offered a can of corona. We usually only serve cans as a special feature on Friday nights for $6.50. However, we now understand you were actually charged for a bottle, which is $7.91. Although the can actually contains more liquid, we still apologize for the discrepancy and miscommunication upon your return back to the restaurant.
If you still wish to claim your refund, please ask for me personally, and I will personally ensure you receive your full $1.41 and are taken care of all on visits in the future.

Rick Faiazza
Hamilton, Canada
“Mini vacation in a restaurant”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Dinner at Sarcoa was like a mini vacation - amazing view by the water with sailboats passing by, great food, very friendly and attentive staff. We will definitely be back. Special thanks to our waitress Tina M.

Toronto
“Great water view”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Sat on the deck for cocktail and apps - terrific view, hard to believe you're in Hamilton.....

Martini's were priced right, cold cuts / cheese plate was more than acceptable, and our waitron, new to her craft, was charming. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the patio experience was great, and the view is the winner.

2 Thank nonsibisedaliis