“great stay!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Drayton, Canada
“great stay!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night only to attend a concert. We got a king bed studio room, we found the room to be very clean and nice, loved having the kitchenette with a full size fridge and the stove top option if we didn't want to go out for dinner. The complimentary hot/cold breakfast buffet was excellent and way more than I expected-no stale muffin with a plastic cup of juice here! There were many selections to choose from including fresh fruit, cheeses, sausage, hard-boiled eggs as well as cereal and almost every breakfast bread product you could think of. The only downfall to this hotel is as others have stated the parking situation; there is very little parking in the underground so you do end up parking across the street. There is no pull through area in front of the hotel so that you can at least unload your luggage and the parking out front is almost non-existent so we ended up having to drag all of our stuff across the street with us when we got there. It wasn't so bad as we were traveling light because we were only staying a single night, but I can see how this would be really annoying if you had a lot of luggage or if the weather was inclement.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful review. We're pleased you enjoyed your room with the fully equiped kitchens and the hot and cold buffet breakfast we offer in the morning. I apologize for any inconvenience parking caused you. It was an incredibly busy evening with many events in the city and a large amount of people checking in. We do value your feedback and take all concerns very seriously. We hope you'll come back and visit the next time you are in Hamilton.

Tina Rogano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
lagos
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We choose this Hotel based on reviews we saw on tripadvisor and its proximity to My daughters school in Hamilton.
Very Clean even though they only did deep clean once a week. but the basic clean was good enough . staff where excellent.
My Son and I stayed in one bedroom suite for 10 nights , my daughter joined us some nights .and it was still comfortable
Over all good experience

Room Tip: Hmm the Living room of the Bedroom suites have no outside windows
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful review. We are delighted your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to having you stay again the next time you come visit your daughter.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We decided to stay here on a whim, mostly because of our IHG Platinum membership points. I stayed here for three nights while my husband was having major surgery and chose the Staybridge as it was within walking distance. Upon checking in we were greeted by Kami, one of the managers and she was awesome. I ran into her a few times during my stay and she always took a moment to ask how my room was and to ask how my husband was doing. Housekeeping also asked me on more than one occasion how my room was as did other front desk staff. They have a complimentary meal in the evening called the "social club" I was able to check this out on my first night as it is only available Mon-Thurs. The rooms are very well appointed with a fully functioning kitchen. I was surprised to get houskeeping on the weekend when I had read that this must be pre arranged by 5pm on friday and I had not done so. I had left dirty dishes in the sink and to my surprise they washed my dishes for me! I stayed in the King jacuzzi suite and it was very comfortable and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Hamilton downtown area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello Noranda,

First of all thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member as well as taking the time to send us your review. I am delighted to hear that you had a very relaxing stay especially during the difficult time of your husbands surgery. We are thrilled that you were so happy with all of the staff, we certainly are like a family here at the Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown and like to ensure all our guests feel they are part of the same family. We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you're in Hamilton, hopefully it will be under more pleasant circumstances.

Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is new, we knew about the area as we had lived nearby many years ago, it hasn't gotten better, we had no issues with the underground parking. Great breakfast with many choices. Suite was spacious and had everything we needed. We were in town to do our passports so this location was perfect for us and I got a great rate online.

Room Tip: pool is small and a bit cool, ask for rooms off the street if noise is a problem, it didn't both...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your review on line. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay! The staff at Staybridge Suites Hamilton-Downtown take pleasure in making sure all of our guest have a wonderful experience. Please come back and visit the next time you are in Hamilton.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The entrance to this hotel must be locked at all times (owing to the sketchy location) and you must call up to the front desk to be let in. I attempted to stay at this hotel in the midst of a snowstorm and had to wait outside 15 minutes as front desk girl Angela aimlessly wandered the hotel. Don't bother paying for parking at this hotel, there will never be a space available. Just park in the lot across the street and be out before 8am. Breakfast consisted of French toast and sausage. I asked where the eggs were and was met with a dumbfounded look (as if I'd just asked for a fireworks display on the Champs-Élysées.) My room card did not work to let me into the hotel and front desk girl Cami rudely told me that my phone likely inactivated it. (I'm platinum status with every major hotel chain and am familiar with room keys. More likely cause is front desk incompetence.) Complained to manager who did nothing. 0/10, would not return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the highest floor, anything lower and you will be kept up by the sound of siren...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Printempsaparis
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. As the General Manager of the hotel I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. It is true we lock our front doors after 9:00pm at night. As we are an "extended stay" hotel, it has been the request of our guests whom have young children to lock front doors at night as you would if you were at home. We have never had any issues in the hotel, however if locking our doors ensures our guests feel more secure and at home thats what we aim to do. We do offer a large variety of items on our "Complimentary Buffet Breakfast" that alternate day to day with hard boiled eggs offered daily. Again, I apologize that the selection was not to your liking. With regards to the room keys, they are sensitive and can be deactivated by cell phones etc. We do regular checks of our key making machines to ensure this is never an isssue. We take all your concerns very seriously, we can only improve with everyone's honest feedback.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed here many times, the most recent stay being November 2013. Although my friends and I live in the Hamilton area, we often choose this hotel as a get-together & predrink spot before we head to Hess Village (which is literally a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel!)
The rooms are so clean, nicely decorated & HUGE! with lots of space for lots of visitors. Each room has a full-sized kitchenette, and quite a bit of seating. Their beds are super comfortable as well. The bathroom is nice, although the shower and toilet are in one room, while the sink and mirror are on the outside. Kind of an awkward set up, but it looks nice anyway. They also have a large patio to sit outside on a nice warm day/evening. In the mornings, they have a complimentary full breakfast buffet, and the food is excellent! My favourite part of the breakfast is the make-your-own waffle machine! They're delicious.
The only downsides to the hotel (and they're very minor) is that they don't have an ice machine on any of the floors...you have to turn on the ice maker in the fridge freezer and it makes ice. But it takes a long time...especially if you're a large group of 20-somethings making drinks! The parking garage here is pretty bad. There aren't too many spaces, they fill up quickly and the garage itself is so tight, making it awkwardly hard to maneuver even a small vehicle. Also, the front doors to the hotel lock at 10pm. After that, you need a key to get in, or you need to buzz the front desk. It's kind of annoying to have to go all the way down to the lobby everytime to get your visitors. And I feel bad for the front desk person that has to come down the stairs everytime the buzzer goes off!
All in all, Staybridge Suites Hamilton is a conveniently located and beautiful hotel! I would definitely recommend to anyone & continue visiting here!

Room Tip: Room 523 is my favourite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carla V
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. It gives us great pleasure knowing you are a repeat guest and that you enjoy your stay. We strive to ensure a wonderful experience for all our guests. I do aplogize for the inconvenience of locking the doorw by a certain time, please know it's to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff. We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you are in the area.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were there last December because of the blackout, very clean rooms,nice and large bathrooms, cozy and "homie" , the swimming pools isn't that big but does the job, good breakfast with plenty of fruit and other healthy food.
Never had a problem with parking
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Definitely we will be back .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruno W
Hello Bruno,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We are thrilled you were able to find comfort in our hotel during the ice storm in December. We understand being displaced from your home can be very stressful so we thrive to offer a "home away from home" feeling. We look forward to having you stay with us during happier circumstances.