“WONDERFUL DOWNTOWN HAMILTON HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown

Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Brampton, Canada
“WONDERFUL DOWNTOWN HAMILTON HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a two night stay, arrived on a Wednesday morning expecting to find problems with parking but this was not the case at all, the underground parking lot was almost empty so parking was not a problem for us.

The staff are just wonderful. As soon as we arrived at the front desk we were greeted by a wonderful young lady who checked us in right away ( even though we arrived 3 hours before regular check-in time). Our room was a 1 Bedroom Suite on the 5th floor, room # 512, very nice decor.

If I have one complaint then it would be the lack of natural light coming in the room and with that said there are not enough incondecent lights to make up for that, so the livingroom area was quite dark.

Since the hotel is only approx 1 year old it is in excellent condition, clean and fresh. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to Copps, Hamilton Place and the downtown core then this is the hotel for you. The next time we are in Hamilton we will stay here for sure. Thank You Staybridge Suites for a wonderful, enjoyable, relaxing stay. See you soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Lamb2020,

Thank you for taking time to send us your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel during your time in Hamilton. It would be our pleasure to have you stay at our hotel again the next time you are in town.

Tina Rogano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

First off I must say this is a new hotel and is wonderfully appointed within the room for the price. Nonetheless because it is a suite style hotel many people appear to be living there for an extended period and as a result are cooking in their suites much like you would in an apartment....which lead to very funky combination of curry /microwave dinner/ frozen pizza and soup smells throughout the halls. The hotel offers a breakfast each morning which is adequate but nothing to look forward. Each evening they have an evening social hour with rotating item of the week like cold cut sandwiches the day I was there...again, it's free so you eat it but nothing to rave about. The neighborhood is VERY sketchy and I would not suggest you venture out after dark. I didn't feel safe even in the hour before dark. There is a Tim Hortons next door but besides that there is nothing worth mentioning. For the price I would seek something else if you are looking for a business lodging hotel...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. Our property is an "Extended Stay" hotel with guests who are here with us for longer periods of time, therefore utiilizing our fully equiped kitchens. With regards to our "Evening Socials" we alternate meals from day to day for our guests enjoyment and variety. We do appreciate your feedback as it gives up an opportunity to improve our guest experince. It would be my pleasure to discuss your review in person so please feel free to contact me directly at gm@staybridgehamilton.com.

Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This new property in downtown Hamilton has the potential to be an excellent property but, from the service experienced during our visit this past weekend, it has a long way to go to reach even a good rating. To start with, there is limited indoor parking so be prepared to park across the street. For some reason, the desk gives you a pass which states that you have to move your car from that lot before 6:00AM (where to is not stated)......not sure if the notice on the pass relates to the hotel's parking or some other.

This was a long weekend and the hotel was full of sports teams and wedding parties. The most glaring example of non-service and great indifference to guests' comfort was the hotel permitting a wedding group to occupy an external patio just below guest room windows......They party folks were extremely loud and were only shut down at 3:30AM by the hotel (after how many complaints is not known!). This patio area was within a few metres of the front desk so the staff had to be aware of the noise and chose to do nothing about it. When I inquired about the event at the front desk the following day, the person at the desk stated that she was not working the previous night (so what!) but she would provide a written report of my complaint to the general manager....but she failed to ask my name in case there was to be a follow-up investigation.

The second significant issue was the large crowds of sports teams and unaccompanied 12 year olds occupying the breakfast room and running around the hotel. This resulted in an absence of space to sit at breakfast, a lack of food (could not be replenished fast enough I guess!) and a high level of noise from young adults and pre-teens. Just who was in charge of either group was not apparent but basic hotel decorum from both would have been a treat. If a hotel chooses to rent to teams, then it has a responsibility to ensure that the team members of all ages are policed as they obviously do not police themselves. As well, the hotel may need to hire extra staff to accommodate such groups.

We have family in Hamilton and frequently take hotel rooms while visiting. My wife and I stayed 4 nights and left with a resolve to try other properties in the future as the management at this one appears not to care about establishing long term relationships with their clients - preferring the quick buck from teams and wedding parties. Too bad as it has the potential to be much better.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side away from the patio. The traffic noise from King Street will be les...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OttawaDad2
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello OttawaDad2,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We value all feedback in order to improve our guest experience. We sincerely apologize that your experience of the hotel was not a pleasant one and I assure you we are taking measures to ensure all your concerns are being addressed and resolved. It would be my pleasure to discuss your review in greater detail so please feel free to send me an email at gm@staybridgehamilton.com or call my direct line 905-667-6093.

Vancouver , Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was staying at The Staybridge Suites In Hamilton for 5 days for a wedding. All of the staff are excellent! Helpful with helping us organize a room rental for an event. Its really clean, the rooms large with a fridge,cooktop, sink and dishwasher! A nice breakfast in the morning. A special thank you goes to Helen and Floyd. I have no hesitation in recommended this place to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello AnGVancouver_C,

Thank you for taking time to send us your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to tell Helen and Floyd about your comments. We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you are in Hamilton.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just spent the last week in Hamilton at this hotel. Wonderful rooms and nice kitchens, aircon was a bit loud, but otherwise a great stay.

What brings this hotel down and forces me to say I would never voluntarily stay here again was the parking lottery they seem to have designed themselves into. There are under 30 parking spots for over 100 rooms, and when the lot is full they are unapologetic about the situation. There is a lot across the street beside a disreputable 24h coffee shop that you can put your car if you can arrange to move it by 6am?! But move it to where? Where on earth do they think their client will be coming from? Walk-in, or the bus?

Util this changes, give this hotel a pass or add on $20 parking charges and risk being broken into by the locals.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you drive there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TorontoJayve
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello TorontoJayve,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We apologize about the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the parking situation. At this time we are taking measures to ensure this issue is resolved in a timely manner. It would be my pleasure to connect with you to further discuss your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at gm@staybridgehamilton.com.

Tina Rogano-Easto
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending a meeting at the Hamilton Convention Centre. I picked this hotel based on the positive reviews here and I was really glad that I did. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel is. I think the hotel is targeted to folks who want longer stays, but our one night stay was pretty good too.

We were given room 414. The room was spacious, modern, and comfortable. The window overlooks the nice terrace next to the check-in area (nice) and a parking lot (not so much). All the furnishing are quite new and look sleek. The kitchen area is also very modern, though we did not really use it. King size bed was comfortable.

Location is also great. It is right behind the Hess Village, a trendy nightclubs/bars area. It is also within walking distance of the convention centre and the main commercial area in downtown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello BoywonderTO,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review! The staff at Staybridge Suites Hamilton-Downtown are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad you were able to enjoy our local establishments in Hess Village and throughout the downtown core. We look forward to you visiting us again during your next trip to Hamilton.

Paisley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here towards the end of last year, it wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't the best, breakfast was poor and more like a low range effort than mid range. One thing I can not fault was the staff, all were very friendly and attentive, answered all problems and questions.

I'm slightly apprehensive and dubious as I've just found out that my partner has booked a room here on 11th October for a night out in Hamilton for my birthday, but hey, what can i say as its part of my gift, So i'll wait and see how it has changed and write review after that date as im aware everyone deserves a second chance, lets hope after this I can provide more positive feedback.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Steve40Scotland,

Thank you for your review, without honest feedback we would not be able to improve in all areas. I am confident you will be very pleased with your up and coming stay in October.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Tina Rogano-Easto