“it's old but serves its purpose”

First Ontario Centre
Ranked #17 of 148 things to do in Hamilton
Woodstock, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“it's old but serves its purpose”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

It's not anything special, I've been several times and it's just satisfactory. Although the staff are generally wonderful. The food is crap, but the beer line is never ending. Don't expect anything special and you'll have a good time at your event.

Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
Brantford, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Usually venue”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nothing out of the ordinary. This is your typical arena venue. Seems like every seat in the house is good. As long as your out of the nose bleeders.

Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Purchase tickets at box office if possible!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Copps is a great venue.Every seat is well thought out.I recently went to see Cirque de Soliel and had excellent seats.However,if I had purchased my tickets at the box office instead of online I would of saved over 30 Dollars.Next time I will by cheaper seats as I didn't think any seat was a bad seat.

Visited March 2014
Thamesford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very Good Venue”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We enjoyed the Elton John Concert here on Feb 8 2014. We were almost as far away from the stage as you could be but the screens really helped and the acoustics were very good.

Visited February 2014
London, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Elton John Concert at Copps”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went to see the Elton John concert in February. I had never been to this location before (we're from a ways off) so we stayed in a hotel. Getting to and from by taxi was very easy, with outstanding availability of cabs. The doors are well marked and access was granted from numerous points around the building.

We had seats in the upper section (one row from the very top of the nose bleeds). I was expecting hard wooden seats and no visibility, but I was completely wrong. The seats were padded and the visibility was excellent, with no obstructions. I did have a few moments of trepidation when climbing the concrete stairs to the upper seats. I had the urge to put on a harness and belay myself to the railing with some rope, but we made it up and down just fine.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. My only negative comment would be that the acoustics were not the best, however this is a hockey arena and as such it is better than most. I would certainly return for another concert, perhaps with a seat closer to sea level.

As for the concert itself, Elton John was outstanding.

Visited February 2014