“A great place!”
Review of J Anthony Grille & Catering - CLOSED

J Anthony Grille & Catering
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At J Anthony Grille & Catering, our goal is to provide you with “simply the best” restaurant/catering experience possible. We use fresh ingredients and present them with a creative flair that will make your event & dining experience memorable.
“A great place!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'd say you better hurry to try out the food in these prices, because once the place becomes more widely known, it sure will get hell more expensive. Food is fantastic. I had Signature salad and jerk chicken, both very tasteful. Others had pasta (seafood and ravioli), and everyone was really happy. Creme brûlée was great too. The service could not be any better.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Verocka_13

“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Gary M
We came to J Anthony after reading The Spec article. We were not disappointed. The Signature Salad was fresh and very tasty. I had the Seafood Linguine and it was absolutely delicious. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the chicken breast. We shared a superb creme brulee. Our server was attentive, friendly, but not smothering. Exceptional value for exceptional dining. We WILL be back.

2 Thank shoagi
“Hidden Jem”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It has been my pleasure to have visited this restaurant for the third time. Originally I had purchased a wagjag for this, and held out little hope for the king of meal that I would call quality dining. I could not have been more delighted to have been wrong.
This is truly a hidden Jem. The location is the only reason I can see that this is not rated number one in Hamilton. It is in an area not normally equated with fine dining. Don'g get me wrong...the area is a very decent area, just there is a lack of fine dining establishments in that locale.
The staff is most curteous and even made some wonderful suggestions for my guests.
The food is extremely fresh and presented in a beautiful manner.
The Signature salad is a "must have"! The chef really knows his art.
All the guest had the beef tenderloin, each was ordered to a different degree of cooked. Each guest commented that there's was done perfectly.
The dessert (creme brulee) was done to perfection, was appropriately sized so that it was not overwhelming and yet left you wanting more.
Each time I have visited, Chef Anthony has come out to personally see that the service and food at every table met with the patrons approval. Very class act.
I almost hate mentioning the price because I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".
At this restaurant, myself and guests surely got far more than we paid for and one guest even noted that if this restaurant was located in the downtown core, he was certain the food could of commanded at least double what was actually charged.
I will continue to be a patron of this restaurant as long as they continue this wonderful service.

3 Thank Tim r
Sherkston, Canada
“Loved It!!!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and 2 other couples came here for Valentine's Dinner and to celebrate our friends birthday. WOW from the appetizer to the dessert each course was amazing. This night there was a fixed menu and everything offered was top notch - we were all very impressed.
We don't mind paying good money for exceptional food and service and to be honest this place will become one of our favorites - looking forward to trying other items on their menu and their Sunday brunch that seems to have great reviews.
This is the first time being with a group of people that no one had anything bad to say everyone was so impressed with their meal that we all agreed it was the best meal we've had.
Thanks for their hospitality, service and most importantly the high quality tasting food. Much enjoyed and we will be back - even if it takes 50 minutes from our home to get their.

and for what we paid for this qualty food, service and the ambiance no one . -The 6 of us enjoy this place from the aubiance to th

3 Thank wilsonbeachbums
Hamilton, Canada
“SUNDAY BRUNCH BUFFET....amazing value!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family & I had the pleasure to try J. Anthony's first Sunday Brunch Buffet.....for $20/adults it was an amazing value for the quality of food. And the kids are $10 and little ones under 5 are Free!! We were welcomed with a complimentary Mimosa and enjoyed many trips up to the beautifully decorated buffet. The all-u-can-eat menu included: pancakes, french toast with maple syrup or bay leaf syrup (sooo good), lyonnaise potatoes, peameal bacon, bacon, sausage, quiche, eggs benedict with smoked salmon & spinach, baked salmon on a cedar plank with lemon teryiaki glaze, a live made-to-order omelette station, pastries, apple crumble pie with Bailey's anglaise, mini creme caramel, gorgeous hand carved fruit platter, toast, bagels, croissants, baguette, yogurt & granola, free coffee refills.....we were so stuffed we couldn't even eat dinner that night!!....lol.
We will definately be back next Sunday after church!!

• Visited December 2012
10 Thank Karen R
Anthony M, Owner at J Anthony Grille & Catering, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review! We are glad you enjoyed your brunch with us and look forward to seeing you again next week.