“Bonus Brunch in the Hammer”

Papa Leo's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 1,223 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dundas, Canada
“Bonus Brunch in the Hammer”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went to Papa Leo's on Concession Street on April 19th for late breakfast. First time there for either of us. What a treat! I had the Local; eggs were done perfectly and the toast was from a local bakery with a rye swirl. My partner had the 3-egg omlette; the eggs were super fresh and fluffy; great taste. When we asked for jam for the toast, we didn't get the predictable little plastic tub with something jam-like inside; instead we received a ramkin with what looked (and tasted) like homemade jam. It was a great breakfast for a reasonable sum. The folks that run this seem to really care about the food; it's all local & fresh. We'll be back for sure!

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My daughter ordered a hamburger which was good, and her fries were home-made and crispy. I ordered pancakes and they were the same as every restaurant serves! Clearly not from scratch...how disappointing! Also disappointing, was that they were not served with Real Maple Syrup! This makes all the difference to me. I will keep going to the Cannon on Ottawa for their fabulous waffles and maple syrup.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TML743
Hamilton, Canada
“Best breakfast out in years”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Most brunch places don't stand out in any way and serve a lot of the same things. Papa Leo's on the other hand... Amazing. Fresh, local ingredients, meat and vegetarian dishes, good service and lovely little restaurant front. Highly recommend for anyone in the area looking for a good meal at a VERY good price.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Rachel W
ontario
“What a Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We found this great little spot in Hamilton for breakfast today and man was is it yummy! The service is very friendly and the place is clean and very nice. The food is over the top great, with some cool new spins on breakfast that will have you coming back for more. All four of us had something different and all four could be heard saying yum on more than one occasion. The bacon is delicious, probably some of the best I have ever had. I had Papa Leo's eggs and it was incredible, I have never had anything like this before and will be returning often.

Go by and grab a great breakfast, coffee is great too!

• Visited February 2014
“Very tasty!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Small, not very many seats so you may be waiting, but it's definitely worth the wait! Very creative specials. Huevos Rancheros is my favourite

• Visited January 2014