“Very good for the first time.”
Review of Red Rockets

Red Rockets
Ranked #478 of 1,227 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Hamilton, Canada
“Very good for the first time.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Even though we read a lot of very negative reviews, we purchased a wag jag which allowed us two pounds of wings, fries, coleslaw and 2 pop at the Upper Paradise location. We like very dry, crispy, unbreaded wings to dip and they paid attention to our request, and they were amazing. Everything else was pretty good and, it was early in the day (picked up the food we had pre ordered by phone around 5 p.m.) so it was ready when we arrived. In fact, based on our experience we purchased two more wag jags!

• Visited September 2012

Milton, Canada
“Too Bad I Can't Rate This More Than a 5”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Let me start by saying my husband & I don't even care for wings - until we tried Red Rockets. We only went based on a good recommendation. Oh my word, these wings are wonderful! And the fries...and the veggies with the blue cheese dip...and the ribs! All delicious, let me tell you. I highly recommend you try the garlic BBQ sauce.

• Visited August 2012
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Sparrows have bigger wings!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

First, the wings are not your typical Buffalo wings, so temper your expectations and you may not be as disappointed as we were. Seriously, my title is accurate. The wings were very small and out of 3 pounds of wings we only had 3 dummies. I do not know if this is typical but they are my wife's favorite piece. We asked for original (no breading) Buffalo style with medium sauce. We asked for hot sauce (extra charge of $0.75). The sauce we got was kind of sweet with a very gentle heat. Even the hot sauce wasn't really hot with same sweetness as the medium. We found it a little pricey, even with a coupon, for what we got. Look, in fairness the wings tasted ok, but not what we expected, and not the style we like. They have won the Hamilton Spectator readers choice award for years so someone likes this style of wing, but unfortunately we are not a part of that opinion.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Robert G
Port Dover
“FANTASTIC WINGS AND FRIES”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Red Rockets has the best wings I have ever had on take-out. They are breaded, not greasy and have a variety of sauces to be smothered in. I tried the 'medium bbq' and it had a good spicy bite. The fries are 'spiced wedges' and compliment the wings and fresh veggies that come with the order.
Each order is made fresh and the take-out only store has comfortable couches to sit on while you wait the approx. 20 minutes for your order.
Can't wait to go again!