“Needs To research Other Venue Bars to make it!”
Review of Stonewalls

Stonewalls
Ranked #221 of 1,291 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Transit: Located at the corner of York and Queen Street.
Description: Very interresting place for downtown Hamilton; good food, open oven cooking, good entertainment. Worth a visit if in Hamilton
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ok.... I have been To stonewalls quite a bit but Will probably not be goin back anytime soon unless an Amazing band is playing....What happened to this place??? It went downhill so fast.... Personally I like the new open concept and higher stage.. But everytime I go here this place is a complete ghostown I feel awful for the bands ... So many amazing bands and tops 15 people in the bar now 90% of the time...?? This place use to always be slammed on weekends. The dance floor used to be packed here but now you maybe get the odd person not checking there facebook
Status on the dance floor....They use to have the lights dimmed during venues now everytime you go there late night to see a band it is so bright in the entire bar gives you more of a cafateria vibe... Also when the bands take breaks during there sets they play the radio super low you cant even hear it, so basically not a fun party scene at all anymore... Bright lights no music.... I find the burnette behind the bar the only real friendly attentive worker there... Owner always looks stressed and angry. Iv only
Ordered food twice but was such awful experience never had the desire to try it again. Avocado was black on sandwich, Spring boxed salad mix was slimey,salsa was pure acidity,Bread stale not fresh at all. Its a nice bar, clean, nice patio & bathrooms so hopefully they can get a real crowd in there again and actually become the luve music venue that they are trying to be....

1  Thank VanValval

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came for dinner Saturday I had the Fish and Chips and my husband had the Liver and Onions. I am not a big Liver and Onion fan but my husband said its one of the best he has ever had. My Fish and Chips were very big and tasty, I had to take the second piece home it was just to much but still very yummy for lunch the next day.

Our server was very friendly, informative, and attentive. She explained all the features and drink specials. We didn't plan on staying after dinner but after hearing her enthusiasm about the live music we ended up staying for the first set and found it very enjoyable.

Overall, it is a really nice warm place with friendly staff, and we will be back.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went for dinner on a Sunday night after work and the patio was open so there were two wait staff, one for inside and one for outside. They took forever to take our order and then she forgot what I ordered and had to come back to our table to make sure. I got what was supposed to be a tall cocktail, in a very small glass. The appetizer was good - deep fried brie cheese. My husband's chicken sandwich was quite large and tasty on a potato bun but my turkey club although on some fancy cranberry bread was quite small, and not all that filling. The waitress didn't come back once during our whole meal, not even to fill my water glass. This was very disappointing.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I came here with my girl friends for the Rod Stewart tribute Show. really nice atmosphere. Hats off to the Chef for a wonderful meal it was a great value for dinner and a show! The Staff was awesome. Overall a GREAT experience we will be back !

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Two couples went here for the Friday night Rod Stewart Tribute. We reserved by buying tickets a head of time and not knowing what we were getting to eat, we were disappointed that there was a a limited set menu. We chose the salad and the roast beef, one chose the salmon. The salads were terrible!!!!!! The lettuce was wilted and the salads tasted like they had been made hours ahead of serving. The roast beef was cooked but chewy. Everyone got the same cut. NONE were hot. The salmon was okey but small portion. The desert was a joke. A half of a small banana with carmalized sugar and cheap chocolate syrup on top with a tablespoon of icecream which was totally melted when we got it. This was the worst dessert we have ever had and the "cook" should be ashamed to serve it. No coffee included. Drinks were expensive. I had a decaff. coffee made from a Tassimo machine. The music was deafening and most of the woman there were very loud and drunk. This is not a place to go for good food or a nice night out with friends. It is a loud bar with no class.

1  Thank Joan G