“Great for Hamilton!”

Earth to Table Bread Bar
Ranked #17 of 1,221 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto
“Great for Hamilton!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My 4-star rating is relative to its location, i.e. Hamilton. It is certainly my favourite restaurant in Hamilton but is maybe only average if it was in Toronto. The salads are my favourite menu items, for just just over $10 you get a meal-sized salad and I've enjoyed pretty much every single one I've had. The taco salad is a meal in itself, but the quality can be inconsistent...from great to good, but never bad in my experience. Other appetizers I've tried have all been great.

Ordered pizza here only once, my first visit. The pizza dough, while it had a nice char on the outside, was very heavy and doughy in the middle, not typical of the neapolitan style pizza i'm used to in Toronto. It wasn't terrible, but failed enough in my expectations that I've never ordered pizza again in subsequent visits. But this is based on a single experience so could be a one-off.

They have alcoholic milkshakes - that is worth its own star!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mellymelle

Victoria, Canada
“Better than I anticipated”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter and I went early on a Tuesday evening. There were several families with small children all having a GREAT time! It was Taco Tuesday which I would highly recommend. Very creative combinations and tasted terrific.

My daughter skeptically ordered a pizza and was more than pleasantly surprised. It was really good, better than the local pizza joint down the street and way better service despite huge crowds. We actually felt welcomed and valued by the Bread Bar staff!

Visited October 2012
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burger Winner”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a burger showdown with 6 restaurants participating and 6 friends, Bread Bar came in the winner in 2 of 3 categories. The burger was the juiciest of all 6 restaurants participating and also won for value $. The third category was the bun and Bread Bar used white bread, so lost that category...When we tallied up the scores, Earth to Table Bread Bar was the overall winner by a landslide!

Hamilton, Canada
“Environmentally Responsible & Delicious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The restaurant is tastefully decorated, very comfortable and inviting atmosphere. The staff is knowledgable in the menu items: even let my daughter sample a soup before ordering!

Food is amazing! I have been there three times and everything has been flavourful, fresh, well seasoned and reasonably priced.

The only down side is that it's becoming very popular, so depending on the time of the day you may not be able to get a table. Thankfully, they have a take-out window! Phew!

Toronto, Canada
“Great pizza and salad”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a nice place for dinner, but a little bit out of the way in Locke Street Village. The tomato salad and the pizzas are tasty and fresh, there's a nice assortment of local beers and wines (only two drafts though - Mill St. Organic and Beau's Lug Tread). Since we left around closing time, we were given a few assorted leftover pastries - muffins and croissants, which we had as part of breakfast the next morning (so I can vouch for the breakfast pasteries). Service was attentive and friendly. The seating isn't the most comfortable and the atmosphere certainly not fine dining, but I'd definitely come back, now that I know about this place.