“Great! Really great!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Great! Really great!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were in that Hotel for our 7th anniversary!That was a last minute arrangement and you know what? Fabulous!!!We had an exceptional experience, our room (the jacuzzi suite) was extremely clean and perfect!! The service I received was 1st class!! And my appreciation goes to their general manager Lynda Lynch! Lynda, thanks so much, that was the best anniversary we had and surely you'll see us again very soon! I would definitely recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
justinm888, President at Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you Deauby for taking the time to write a review.

We appreciate you celebrating your Anniversary with us and happy to see everything was Fabulous. Our (GM) Linda will be delighted to know she was able to make such a wonderful impression and add to your experience.
We look forward to your return.

Congratulations again,

President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just had the best experience at the Best Western Premiew Hotel in Hamilton, The service I recieved at the front counter from Carlos was 1st class as well helping out the other guests I brought. I would definitely recommend this place as well visit back.

Randy

Room Tip: I love the theme they have setup for the rooms, would recommend the Sylvester Stallone rm
1 Thank Randy L
Thank you for your review Randy L regarding your recent stay at our property.
We are delighted to know you received the best experience and enjoyed the Stallone Suite.
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I reserved a King bed suite with the in room jacuzzi tub and kitchenette for two weekday nights.

Despite a no noise after 11PM policy, the walls of this hotel are too thin.

The first night I could hear a lot of what was going on in the room next to me - I do not think they were being overly noisy the first night, but I could here every sound (things you don't normally here in a hotel - not voices or TV, but bangs and tapping - like they were preparing a meal or something).

The second night was far worse. The dinner theatre let out around 10PM and I could hear all of the noise and conversations going on outside (loud enough for me to listen to actual conversations). Also, the guests returning to their rooms inside of the hotel were very noisy. I was located in a section of the 5th floor with only one neighbour, no elevator, and I heard alot of noise - it would ebb and flow, nothing in particular that the front desk would be able to assist with (the issue here is the thickness of the walls and/or insulation). Then, at 1AM, the FIRE ALARM went off. I had no idea what to do, woken up from deep sleep, there were no instructions. By the time I had dressed and was going to leave my room, the alarm stopped, and again I received no instructions from anyone. I work for a company where safety is a primary concern, and this hotel failed in that regard. That, in my own personal views, is an accident waiting to happen.

The room itself was really nice. I have stayed all over in all types of hotel rooms, and this was probably the nicest room I have stayed in, but like other reviewers have pointed out, the lack of fine tuning and finishing touches indicates it is still not a high end hotel, despite pricing itself and holding itself out as such (such as the shower head doesn't come out far enough to allow a proper shower, you have to stand directly over the faucet, which is very awkward; the mattress was not overly comfortable, having clearly worn areas; and in a room with an en-suite jacuzzi tub, I expected a robe to be present).

Also, I was not asked for identification of any kind checking, including credit card. This to me presents a problem. The policy regarding reservations and second party payments is fine, and a bit more relaxed than most (one reason I chose there - easier to deal with) but at the minimum I should have been asked for identification; and seeing as I booked using my corporate rate & booking system, I should have been asked for my corporate ID as well.

Finally, be aware, if there is a dinner theatre going on next door, there will be NO PARKING spaces if you arrive during those times. This should also be addressed. After working a 12 hour day, the last thing I want to do is drive around trying to find a space in a small parking lot.

The price I paid was a corporate rate - I would most likely not stay again, as the rate doesnt reflect the actual value. I most certainly would not pay that for my own vacation. When a hotel wants to house higher end clients and/or business travellers, it needs to sound-proof - costs a bit more to create, but its a lifetime investment and the guarantee would keep me a lifetime guest.

Room Tip: Ask what events are going on, and tell them when you expect quiet.
1 Thank travailleuse
justinm888, President at Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you travailleuse for your review.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. We are surprised to read of the disterbances you experienced through our 8" concrete core slab walls and will be looking into this further. We can certainly understand the frustration with guests returning to their suites from a venue. While we do have an enforced no noise policy outside of our venues after 11:00 p.m. without a member of our team being notified we are unable to react accordingly, while the public areas of the hotel including hallways are monitored 24/7 via security cameras we do our best to control loitering in them after 11:00 p.m. We will how ever be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Regards,

Hanmer on
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a wonderful stay room very clean and modern pool area lovely but the staff was excellent especially Carlos very welcoming they even had trays of home made cookies for the guests felt safe and well cared for... The night clerk even watched out for me when I went outside to smoke will definitely recommend and stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
justinm888, President at Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you Carrie S for taking the time to share your pleasant experience of the Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen's! We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for business and it was an outstanding experience. The hotel is physically gorgeous, both in the open areas and in my room. Love the personal touches of each room having a name / theme which is carried through in the decor and even in the reference book left for my perusal (history of the piano in my case). The customer service, from Carlos at the front desk in particular, was so friendly and welcoming; he was also great in giving me better directions to get me to my business meeting than the very 'scenic and slow' route that my GPS wanted to send me on. Had the gym to myself each of the 3 mornings too. The bed was super comfortable too. Oh and loved that 'Grease' constantly streamed on the wall of the hotel lobby. What a neat touch. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

Room Tip: Doubt there's a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience of our hotel. Our team here at the Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen's are extremely pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, including your first hand experience with one of our dedicated team members. We enjoyed having you.

Yours in Hospitality,

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really great hotel, i wont stay anywhere else when in Hamilton, and if i'm close to Hamilton, i'm willing to travel a little bit farther if i can stay here. Clean hotel, It's very new and obviously updated in terms of furnishings etc. Friendly Staff it even smells nice! The restaurant food is quite good as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you CoffeeSnob204 for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay.
We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us, as we enjoyed having you.
We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to being your hosts in the future.

Warmest of Regards,

Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was late booking a room for the Hamilton Marathon of Hope and the Best Western C by Carmen's was able to meet and exceed my needs. Excellent service and great location. All staff were exceptional. I stayed a day longer than I had planned and enjoyed my stay in Hamilton. I will remember this hotel for my future visits to Hamilton and area.

thanks J. Geddes

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
justinm888, President at Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review J G,

We are thrilled we were able to accomodate and exceed your needs while attending the Hamilton Road to Hope Marathon. Our team also appreciates your kind mention of them.

We hope you get a chance to return to the Hamilton area soon so we may be your hosts.

Warmest Regards,