“Great food”

Ya Man! Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #741 of 1,255 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Love the food great price I want to say the food is best taste good good job to the cook (Leela)and great service you have to try it if you haven't as yet my name is Randy Barran

There are newer reviews for Ya Man! Caribbean Cuisine

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I am very familiar with west indian food and was in the mood for some island cuisine.
I went to "Ya man" one evening and ordered oxtail and rice and peas with a dal soup. I was disappointed because the oxtail was dry, tough to chew and the soup was tasteless. The food basically lacked taste. That 's too bad because caribbean dishes are known foremost for their very rich flavours.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Boyfriend and I ordered Ackee and salt fish and I ordered oxtail and rice and peas. On the menu it says local Jamaican Favorites there is nothing Jamaican about those meals. The food taste horrible oxtail for some reason was sour the Ackee dish had no Ackee. They filled the containers with rice stingy with the meat and gravy. Just because your from the islands it does not mean you can cook like a Jamaican stick to Trini dishes.

1  Thank mandy l
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stopped into Ya Man! on a whim on my way to work (I work right down the street). I was greeted immediately by a very friendly chef and was able to order right away. I've never really tried Caribbean food before, but after looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Chicken Roti. The chef asked me if I wanted spices or not, I opted for no spice, just in case it was TOO spicy...
I got my food in less than 5 minutes, and the chef offered to give me some spices on the side, which I took. I got to work and started eating my Roti, and WOW! It was AMAZING!! I added the spice to it, and it was even better! But even on its own, it tastes great too. The chicken was so tender and the flavour was excellent. I ordered a small, and it was a HUGE portion.
I'm super impressed with this restaurant...the friendliness, the quality of food & the price! A definite win! I can see weekly visits to Ya Man! in my future :D

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We look forward to take out from this awesome place at least once a week. I tend to rotate between the eggplant/potato roti, mixed spinach/pumpkin roti, or soy chunks/potato/chick pea. The bitter melon is also excellent, but an acquired taste for some. Have it spicy or not - the food is always good with minimal packaging!