“looks good but taste bad” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“looks good but taste bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Boyfriend and I ordered Ackee and salt fish and I ordered oxtail and rice and peas. On the menu it says local Jamaican Favorites there is nothing Jamaican about those meals. The food taste horrible oxtail for some reason was sour the Ackee dish had no Ackee. They filled the containers with rice stingy with the meat and gravy. Just because your from the islands it does not mean you can cook like a Jamaican stick to Trini dishes.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mandy l

Hamilton, Canada
“The first of MANY trips to this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stopped into Ya Man! on a whim on my way to work (I work right down the street). I was greeted immediately by a very friendly chef and was able to order right away. I've never really tried Caribbean food before, but after looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Chicken Roti. The chef asked me if I wanted spices or not, I opted for no spice, just in case it was TOO spicy...
I got my food in less than 5 minutes, and the chef offered to give me some spices on the side, which I took. I got to work and started eating my Roti, and WOW! It was AMAZING!! I added the spice to it, and it was even better! But even on its own, it tastes great too. The chicken was so tender and the flavour was excellent. I ordered a small, and it was a HUGE portion.
I'm super impressed with this restaurant...the friendliness, the quality of food & the price! A definite win! I can see weekly visits to Ya Man! in my future :D

• Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Excellent vegan/vegetarian choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We look forward to take out from this awesome place at least once a week. I tend to rotate between the eggplant/potato roti, mixed spinach/pumpkin roti, or soy chunks/potato/chick pea. The bitter melon is also excellent, but an acquired taste for some. Have it spicy or not - the food is always good with minimal packaging!

• Visited January 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Great Food ,Large Portions, Won't Break the Bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great menu selection with very reasonable prices. Checked out their new location on Brant Street in Burlington this past week & was very surprised by the quality of the food. Jerk Chicken Salad is excellent.

Will be checking out more of their menu for sure.

• Visited June 2012