“willow valley was great”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Willow Valley Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Championship and scenic golf course features four sets of Bentgrass tee decks, generous fairways, dramatic bunkering and rolling greens.
Davenport, Iowa
“willow valley was great”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

i played Willow Valley when it first opened, moved away, then played it again recently while i was home visiting. It is still great!

Staff were outstanding. I got waved to by the starter as i drove in. The guy out front (Brian) greeted me, checked my tee-time, asked if i'd be using a cart, then directed me inside to pay. When i came out, my bag had already been hooked up.

Lots of changes to the course plus LOWER green fees. Cart paths are now on every hole, I think about 20 sand bunkers have been converted to grass offering a different challenge and they reversed the nine's so you finish on a strong par 5. The fairways are wide & inviting but the fescue still managed to gobble up a few of my balls. The greens had just been mowed and were quick. They have a "player assistant" driving around making sure the pace of play is steady. We stayed with the group in front of us and our round flowed nicely. We had a great day.

I'd easily recommend this course. FYI - they also have a large practice range. Check out their website: http://www.willowvalleygolf.com/

Visited June 2013

Springford, Ontario
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL COURSE”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wonderful course with friendly staff. Course is challenging but not so much so that golfers of every level cannot enjoy themselves. Lots of bunkers and other trouble, but well layed out with plenty of risk/reward opportunities.

Visited August 2012
Oakville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I decided to book a tee time based on their internet pictures gallery. The course I found was in a completely different shape.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank AB2804
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Staff intentionally misled us”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was in Hamilton from Vancouver on the July 6-9 weekend and played Willow Valley on Sunday, July 8 th. When we booked our tee times several days earlier, we specifically confirmed no tournament was happening that day. However, we arrived on Sunday to find a tournament. We were either lied to over the phone or the staff member handling he calls is incompetent. When we arrived on Sunday and were concerned and considering cancelling and walking on somewhere else, the guy at the pro shop counter apologized but told us not to worry because it was a be ball, 9 hole tournament. Of course we were lied to again and he tournament was 18 holes. He round took 5+ hours to play. The five of us will never come back and we will tell as many of our friends and business colleagues as possible to steer clear. Terrible bush league service that is vey short sighted.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Kevin S
Waterdown, Canada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 320 helpful votes
“great course”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

this old sod farm offers a great course at a reasonable price. Long fairways and anything but flat. The food offerings could be better, but I am sure that the clubhouse will eventually improve it's service. Courses like this would be well advised to improve their serivces to female clients, an oft forgotten/niche group.

Visited July 2011