“Staff intentionally misled us”

Willow Valley Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Championship and scenic golf course features four sets of Bentgrass tee decks, generous fairways, dramatic bunkering and rolling greens.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was in Hamilton from Vancouver on the July 6-9 weekend and played Willow Valley on Sunday, July 8 th. When we booked our tee times several days earlier, we specifically confirmed no tournament was happening that day. However, we arrived on Sunday to find a tournament. We were either lied to over the phone or the staff member handling he calls is incompetent. When we arrived on Sunday and were concerned and considering cancelling and walking on somewhere else, the guy at the pro shop counter apologized but told us not to worry because it was a be ball, 9 hole tournament. Of course we were lied to again and he tournament was 18 holes. He round took 5+ hours to play. The five of us will never come back and we will tell as many of our friends and business colleagues as possible to steer clear. Terrible bush league service that is vey short sighted.

3  Thank Kevin S

Reviewed June 7, 2012

this old sod farm offers a great course at a reasonable price. Long fairways and anything but flat. The food offerings could be better, but I am sure that the clubhouse will eventually improve it's service. Courses like this would be well advised to improve their serivces to female clients, an oft forgotten/niche group.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This course is well maintained and quite a challenge. It is a little pricey but a very nice course.

1  Thank RobAncaster_Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I enjoy Willow Valley very much. For me and those I golf with it is out of my budget range. Course is well cared for and reminds me of courses in Myrtle Beach. Greens are lightning fast and tricky

1  Thank terry50_11
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Nice course outside of Hamilton, very challenging layout, with undulating greens cut to PGA length. Pricey, but its worth playing at least once a year!

2  Thank LRWontario