“Ridiculous amounts of meat for one sandwich!”
Review of Hillbilly Heaven - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hillbilly Heaven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I will say that this place was an experience. The two sandwiches we got probably had enough meat on them to make two more. great value and taste for the money!

Thank Elizabeth-Darre... S

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Limited menu and quality of order was poor. Premises of eat in didn't appear too inviting. Their signage is offensive, not witty or humorous.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to the downtown location on King St. The only good thing about this restaurant is the location. The service and food is horrendous. We ordered the BBQ sampler. The pulled pork, chicken and ribs were dried out. I think this place is overhyped for what it is. Will never return even if it was for free. That's how bad it is.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We got to the restaurant and it was quite busy, which we took as a good sign. We found a table right away and the waitress was prompt. They were out of what I wanted, but were willing to make a substitution. So far, so good. The decor was quaint, with a distinctive southern bent and the restaurant was small, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves and the bottled water was free. What a great gimmick! However, it got colder and colder in the restaurant as the take out people kept the door open while they were waiting in line. People at near-by tables had to flag the waitress down, as she forgot part of their order. One guy at the front (I assume he was the manager) started yelling at the short order cooks to move faster. Another waitress was complaining to customers that people called in sick for their shift. Finally, after 45 minutes, my husband went to ask about our order. The waitress in the till was on her cell phone and did not speak to my husband until after she had finished her call and talked to the manager. Then he was told our order was JUST being prepared. Needless to say, we walked out. The menu specifically states that if you are not happy, don't go to social media, but talk to the owner. After I saw how employees were treated and how they behaved, I decided that little would be achieved going this route. We will not be back!

2  Thank Tombow
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I read the other reviews, and I think they were being harsh. No, it's not great southern bbq, but it isn't that far off the mark. Beans were awesome! We had ribs and pulled pork, and my husband commented that the ribs were cooked better than some we had had at the BBQ fest in Burlington. No, we didn't love the sauce, but it's not that bad, and the meat is the most important part, right? The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was laid back and casual, and the décor was very cute. And I actually think it was the cleanest bbq place I ever ate at. I think it's worth a try at least!