“Crowne Plaza - Don't be fooled by the name”

Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
west covina california
“Crowne Plaza - Don't be fooled by the name”
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Booked two nights through the Holiday Inn properties web site. The room was suppose to have two phones, flat screen lcd tv, refrigerator and in-room internet. The room I got had none of these and we were told the internet information was an error and it was corrected. They did bring up a refrigerator - "no charge". The room was also missing chairs and I was told they were upgrading. The room was next to the elevator and was very noisy. I asked for a different room or a release from the second day. Neither was granted because they were sold out the next night. The manager who was the only one who could change things wasn't available the times we inquired. To be fair they did allow us to use their internet but it obviously wasn't the same as having it in our own room.

The area is definitely suffering economically, with many buildings empty and boarded up.

I did contact Holiday Inn about this experience twice, especially in regards to their make it right guarentee but I suspect it's really more of a slogan than an actual promise. I received an email saying I'll be contacated by the property but it's been a couple of weeks now - so I don't think I'll be hearing from them. Very disappointed in this Holiday Inn property.

• Liked — Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — Location, room amenities, noise
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CrowneHam, Guest Service Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Thank you for your comments. As a new hotel we are always striving to better serve our guests. Our hotel now offers free wireless and hardwire internet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed at Crowne Plaza on July 11th 2008, and had a wonderful time! The staff were wonderful, the rooms were immaculate, and the restaurant was to die for!! They are a newly renovated hotel, and there are still a few things that they are working on, such as the sign out front and one of the floors, but none of this was a concern to me because it was managed very well. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help my family with everything. One thing I would like to make note of is the parking garage next door. It is run by a separate company, therefore the signage is not the greatest. Take my advice and park on the second or third parking levels, rather then the first, the elevator is accesible to 2 and 3, and they are less confusing. I found this out the hard way! All in all this is the best place to stay if you're coming to Hamilton!

• Liked — The restaurant, I think it was called Saffron, it was Meditteranean and sooooo good!!
  • Disliked — The parking situation, but it was minor and not unaccommodating at all!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Thank you for your response. We have been working on making the parking garage easier to navigate.