Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
Hotels.com
$137
$133
Travelocity
Admiral Inn Hamilton(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$86
$70
All reviewsexecutive levelone way streethigher floorcheck in was quick and easyfront desk staffgreat poolself parkingnice propertyflat screen tvper daycontinental breakfasthot tubstayed for one nightbagelsdefinitely stay here againclean hoteldowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding. Checking in wasn't too bad but the woman at the front desk got annoyed that I would need her pen to record the licence plate and I had to ask for it back to sign in. Any other staff I met were quick to say hello, especially the guy cleaning walls and trim.
In the room, my wife read the hospitality book and noted it seemed to stress that the doors should be double locked and that any staff coming to the door would be in uniform. Add this to the card access to the elevators gave us an uneasy feeling about the security of the property, I imagine there has been issues or incidents to warrant this.
The room was nice, large bed, flat screen TV etc but limited stations. We were near the elevator and heard the bell ring every time it arrived at our floor all night. The washroom ceiling fan didn't work and for the price we paid I thought they could have upgraded to a higher quality paper.
The next morning the same woman was at the front desk and seemed very friendly, maybe I had caught her at a bad time the day before. The parking cost extra but was easy to access and there was lots of parking available.
Overall, it was nice enough, the room was clean, the bed was made perfect and was comfortable (my wife was a housekeeping supervisor and gave big marks to the housekeepers).

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Njoynow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Hotel. We’re pleased you chose to stay with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable. I’m glad you enjoyed our staff too. We hope your travels will bring you back to Hamilton, Ontario and you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

While the area around the Hotel looks like it is in need of serious urban renewal, the hotel itself is an oasis. The staff was friendly and accommodating, particularly of my arrival prior to check-in time. The only small negative was the fact that I was asked about the IHG membership program more than once, which staff seemed obliged to promote.

The elevator is secured by your room card, which seemed appropriate in this area. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable with a good level of amenities. I was in town for a football game followed by a trip to Toronto, so the proximity to public transportation was excellent. If you fly into Hamilton and arrive at the right time of day, a simple bus fare will get you from the airport to within two blocks of the hotel.

If I ever need to come back to downtown Hamilton, I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Anthony R,

Thank you, Anthony, for writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We’re very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us while visiting the Hamilton area. I’m glad our staff provided excellent service and accommodated you during your stay. We hope you will return to the downtown Hamilton area again and stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had arrived late last Wednesday nite, was greeted by a smile, and a pleasant experience checking in. Room was clean, big, and the bed, and pillows were fantastic.
Overnight parking was in the lot right across the street, as their garage is under construction.
I was also greeted the next morning, by a friendly smile. Can't say much for the other facilities, as it was a very short stay, but the friendliness of the front desk staff, was, FANTASTIC. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Buddyjessie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear from our guests that they received all smiles from our staff and found those smiles to be an added benefit to their stay. I’ll mention your review to our staff so your comments will encourage them to keep up the good work. Please make a point to stay with us again the next time you visit Hamilton.

Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Let me start this with we stayed here for a t-ball tournament with lots of our team members, so we got a decent rate, a little out of our normal price range though and the hotel was easy to get to, clean, had friendly, helpful staff, was well lit, nicely decorated, had free outdoor parking and had an amazing ice machine on the 8th floor (ice kept frozen in the cooler for two days kind of amazing), and a really great pool. Actually the pool was perfect as there was a section for all the kids to swim to their needs and one section for the adults to just relax. The pool was also open till 11pm (perfect for late night travelers!) But like a lot of my reviews this hotel had one flaw that I just can't stand: the walls where paper thin! Although, I could only hear water noise from above us, which is nice.

We are that loud family that comes in around 10 pm and then lets our kids play quietly a little to stretch and get the car ride sillies out so when I can hear the other rooms it bothers me. When I pay $120 a night I don't expect to have to worry about this sort of thing, call me old fashion but I've paid way less for much quieter rooms! Now at night sound travels I get that, but during the day I could hear the people next door very clearly, not cool!

What makes me more upset about this at this particular hotel is that it seems to have been renovated recently, noise proofing was obviously not part of the renovation. This flaw alone is making us reconsider booking at this hotel again when we are back for another tournament at the end of the summer. Mostly because I don't want to have to keep reminding the kids to be super quiet and it would be nice to be able to let them watch TV without fear of waking up the neighbours at 7 am.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

roadtripmamato2,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day and writing a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to have had you and your ball players stay with us during your t-ball tournament. I’m glad that you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be clean. It’s nice to hear that you and the kids enjoyed our pool as well. I will review your comment about the sound issue in your room as I want to make whatever improvements necessary to provide our guests with the most comfortable stay possible. We hope to earn your business again for next year’s tournament and provide a more pleasant stay.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Checked-in Saturday afternoon, it was quick and painless. Despite what most have said here, I had no problems whatsoever with the staff during check-in. They were very accomodating with request to change bed types.

The room is a little outdated (especially the carpeting), and the bathroom is very small.
Asides from that, it was an average stay. Nothing extraordinary, nothing alarming.

Both the Sheraton and the Crowne Plaza are a block and half a part...the area in which they are both located is sketchy in general. Even the mall was sketchy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank misschief23
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

misschief23,

Thank you for writing about us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you felt our staff was accommodating and pleasant. It is nice to hear from you and we hope that you will come and stay with us again at Crowne Plaza.