“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
London, Canada
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have been staying at the Crowne Plaza for almost a year as a long-term stay guest. The staff are wonderful, restaurant serves good food and the amenities are great. The OHMM Centre/Spa facility is an excellent venue located within the hotel; couldn't get any closer. If you need a place to relax and give back time for yourself, this is the place to go. The gym, pool, sauna facilities are another added bonus to the hotel. The staff at the Crowne goes the extra mile to ensure your stay is what you expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: Plan and book ahead.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Rickim2010
dheinlein, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
We couldn’t have asked for a nicer review RIckim2010! Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience; please know that it has truly been our pleasure to have you stay with us and the entire team is grateful for your comments.

Best,

Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I went to the hotel for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The convenient location downtown meant that I could walk and explore the city with ease.

i loved, loved, loved the spa - this is a very transformative space- i went for a massage there and subsequently had the most deep sleep I have had in a long while - amazing - the Spa director Scarlett is wonderful at what she does - even though I was there on business, her willingness to accommodate my schedule meant that i got a wonderful and relaxing massage in the evening. This is what makes all the difference and will have me returning to the The Crowne Plaza. The spa does not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank diva_in2020
Kingsville,Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed here for two nights and besides it being clean, it was the worst Crown Plaza I've stayed at! I picked this because despite some bad reviews, I thought it can't be that bad ... But it was! First we checked in at 10:30 pm, clerk at the front desk was RUDE, and never even made eye contact the whole time! If your having a bad day, save it for your personal time and don't join the hospitality business! ... They also had to shut off the water from 11 pm till 5 am for maintenance, which was ok but when we went to ask where we could get bottled water ( we had a baby with us) the girl at the desk cut us off before we could finish our question and pointed to a bag! We had already seen the bag & it was empty , that's why we asked! Then when we told her it was empty, she rolls her eyes and sighs and says " hold on" ... 8 mins later ( we timed it) she left the desk and got us some! Never even acknowledged we were waiting. The walls were thin and you could hear everything, which made us nervous because we had a small baby with us... We felt bad for the other guest. Fortunately he didn't cry very long... Room service was quick, but they never made our beds the first night and we DID NOT have the " do not disturb" sign up ... The check in process and staff was what made this experience crap .... But I wanted JUST a clean room to stay, I could have picked a much cheaper place for that, Guess you don't always get whatyou paid for!

Room Tip: Avoid night staff
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KingsvilleGirl

Travelers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed here one night on business. The front desk staff, both on check in and checkout were excellent. Very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. Kudos to them!

The room was small, basic, but comfortable and clean. Light pollution was not an issue as the blinds were heavy and blocked out the light efficiently (unlike one reviewer mentioned, there were blinds - they're just behind the shears and not immediately visible).

Road noise was not an issue, but the walls were the thinnest I've ever encountered. I was woken up at 4 am by a guest in the neighbouring room. Not only could I hear every word very clearly, but could even hear the sound of the zipper on his suitcase! It was as if he was in the same room as I was. Yes, the hotel does supply you with ear plugs, but the package of earplugs I was given had only one earplug in it! I luckily always pack a pair.

The area is not the best in the world, but then again, neither is Hamilton........

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KellyAnn88, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear Travelling_Axe,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel, and thanks especially for recognizing our Front Desk team, they were delighted you mentioned them! My apologies for the incomplete pack of ear plugs; your review will serve as a reminder to our Housekeeping team to double check them each time they service a room. I also regret the noise you experienced and hope it won’t prevent you from returning to stay with us next time you find yourself in Hamilton as we greatly appreciate your business.

Yours truly,
Midland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

" Didn't want to miss the opportunity to say Thank-You to Debbie & Steve at Saffron's Restaurant.
The food and service was top class....Always on my must do list when I visit Hamilton "

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

Fantastic hotel in downtown Hamiton. Secure parking, $8.00 a day. Front desk at check in was great. (Tim) The room seemed brand new. Great view. Flat screen TV. And the bed was incredible. Want to buy one for home. My room was spotless.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dheinlein, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Dear canadaguyToronto,

Thanks very much for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and Tim was delighted that you took the time to recognize him. We think he’s great too!

Best,

waterloo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Had a meeting in downtown Hamilton and stayed here. Since it is in downtown Hamilton, "security measures" such as needing your room key to access the elevator makes sense, but not always convenient. The business/corporate room was inadequate, no conditioner ot note pad in room. might stay at Marriot next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear edulinx,

Thank you for your review; we always enjoy hearing from our guests and are very sorry that we fell short of expectation during your stay. Please accept my personal apologies for the lack of amenities in your room. I truly hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza despite your experience here.

Best regards,