“Great location. Pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
“Great location. Pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Close to Hamilton airport. Very convenient. Service was excellent. Courteous staff. Yuk yuks on site was a plus!! Great entertainment. Clean rooms. Overall was a positive experience. Would choose hotel again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
HojoHamiltonON, General Manager at Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your continued support of Howard Johnson. It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests how they enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Waht an absolute hole. Room floor on the second floor sloped. Bed was bowed. rug was really dirty. hotel ovefrall should be condemned. Like a 1" gap around the door. Was tole I should set my own alarm clock as they could not be relied upon to wake me cause it was tiem to swithc to standard time.
I stayed at another HOJO in PA and it was very similar.
Avoid intercontinential hotel chains at any rate, they tend to be the same all around.

Room Tip: avoid intercontinental chain of hotes would be the best idea.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jm6505
HojoHamiltonON, General Manager at Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review and I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at our Howard Johnson. Reguarding the time incendent, our front desk member was to remind our customers of the time change. As a frielndly reminding that the time would be going back on hour. We did not want any of our customers to not be aware of the time change.

Travelers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Campbellford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is seedy-looking; there were people smoking pot outside of the back entrance to the rooms; the room smelled musty and smoky and was dirty-looking with paint peeling on the door; the rug looked like it hadn't been vacuumed; our room was near the ice machine, which was noisy; at 3:00 AM, it was very noisy with people coming out of the Hooters or Yuk Yuks places, which are right on site, and they were hanging out and talking loudly in the parking lot (our windows were closed, but you could hear everything), then some in the hallway; they finally all left just before 4:00 AM; then a few minutes later, at 4:00 AM, I could hear the guy upstairs get up and actually going to the washroom, then walk around back and forth in his room for an hour (the soundproofing is nil). All in all, I got 3 hours sleep that night, and paid $100 for the room. I have paid less for much nicer and cleaner rooms elsewhere. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank K B
Thank you for your review, we do apologize for not doing a better job on containing the noise levels outside by Yuk Yuk's, and hooters. Our Yuk Yuk's comedy club is finished by 11: 00PM.The exit doors for Yuk Yuk's are far away from our hallways. We do make sure that noise throughout the hallways is stopped before 11: 30PM.
We ask that guests contact us should they have noise complaints so that we can in turn deal with the issue at hand and correct it.
Thank you for staying with hojo of Hamilton
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Terrible, dirty, not-trustworthy... was charged an extra $100.00 on my MC ... was told it was because I smoked in the room... which I DID NOT!!!!!!
Room was dirty... stunk........occupants in room below were LOUD and smoking pot. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: NO TIPS for a a good room. I'd advise you DO NOT go here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank P D
Thank you for your commentary regarding the smoking policy at the Hotel. The property is a smoke free Hotel and that is what our guests come to expect. While we do have the exit doors to the parking lot rooms for guests to smoke outside, we do ask that the guests do not bring any of the items in the room as the odours do remain in the room. These odours are difficult to remove once in the room and we must deodorize the room for the next guest renting those facilities as they expect a smoke free environment. The room was inspected at check out and the ashes and butts were in the bathroom as you stated leaving a noticeable odor. The deposit is kept at that time to cover the costs of taking the room offline to deodorize it, the policy is in place to protect the expectations of all of our guests. Once again I am sorry if you do not agree with the policy but it is to ensure we meet the expectations of those guests looking for a smoke free property.
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to check in to this hotel on October 27th, 2012. We had a reservation that was confirmed twice over the phone. It was the WORST customer service I have ever had. First, they made us wait 15 minutes before checking in, because there was only one front desk clerk who was checking out 10 people. He was extremely agitated and rude. When it finally came time to check us in he immediately said, "What are you guys here to do, we don't allow partying or drinking in our hotel and you must be over the age of 21." I am 20 years old, legal drinking age, and have worked as a front desk clerk for 4 years in the embassy suites. As long as you have a valid credit card and ID you can check in to any hotel even if you are 15 years old. I told him I was here to sleep after going to a party with my boyfriend. He left the counter and got his manager. His manager then said the same thing to me. We were paying $130.00 for a gross "motel" and were being treated with horrible disrespect. They kept harassing us and saying "We can just cancel your reservation right now." After about 15 minutes of arguing, I told them how disgusting their attitudes were and we ended up staying at the Marriot, it was only $30.00 more and the hotel was beautiful, and the staff was extremely friendly and understanding. I advise anyone to stay else where then the Howard Johnson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa D
Thank you for your review and I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at the front desk. I would like to apologize for the attitude of the front desk staff and I ensure you that we will be working on improving the quality of reception
Would also like to point out that it is not true regarding age limit, 15 years of age and able to check in to hotels.

Once again, on behalf of Howard Johnson Hamilton, we apologize