“Great Long Standing Hotel”

Admiral Inn Hamilton
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto
Reviewed December 10, 2005

I have been a customer at the Admiral Inn for years. These people take pride in their hotel. This Hotel is constantly updated and alway clean and cozy. This family run business shows they care about there guest, everytime my friends and I come to town. Great Job Admiral.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Admiral Inn Hamilton

Toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2005

Hotel, staff and area the best in Hamilton! Our Jacuzzi suite was spectacular! Perfect.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2005

Another couple and ourselves stayed Sat. night Nov. 19th, 2005 and found the staff to be most helpful. The best help came from a member of the housekeeping staff on the 3rd floor as she showed us rooms with connecting doors to accomodate a wedding rehearsal party we have to host in June 2006. We wished we caught her name as she was very jolly and spoke highly of the Admiral Inn. The beds and accomodations were comfortable. Our breakfast at the Inn was very good but we had to wait 45 minutes for it (only bacon/ham & eggs), only had one cup of coffee offered with no mention if we wanted refills and the restaurant was not busy at all. We liked the rooms at the Inn so much, we have booked 4 rooms so far for the wedding next June.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2005

Most people in the hotel service industry are polite and courteous because people are their bread and butter. My story is about a hotel owner/manager who is dishonourable, lied and bullied me.

I had reserved a block of rooms for my guests. He released these rooms early, lied about it, and then tried to blame me. The entire city of Hamilton was booked and there were no other rooms available. I was upset and told him I'd let others know what happened. He became mean and nasty and repeatedly threatened to cancel rooms that were already booked by my guests. He knew that all the hotels in town were already full for that date and his bullying behaviour was cheap and spiteful. The result of what happened is that my guests had to stay at 2 different hotels: one in Burlington and the Admiral Inn in Hamilton (not my choice). This caused no end of confusion and grief for my guests and myself. (By the way, a very understanding Sheraton employee went way beyond the call of duty and helped book the Burlington Travelodge hotel when she found out what happened). The reason I'm writing this letter is to let people know about the the very unprofessional way that the manager/owner handled the entire situation. I hope that this behaviour becomes known so that the owner is never again in a position to treat people like he has treated me.

Stayed: May 2005
19  Thank AJDundas
Verona, NJ
Reviewed February 22, 2004

Very enjoyable stay, clean hotel, nice restaurant. Highly recommended !!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2004

The hotel is a very clean hotel the owners and staff are really friendly. Sandro Benitez

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank sandrobenitez
New York
Reviewed December 23, 2003

This hotel is a great little charm to the city of Hamilton. Located infront of the Dundurn Castle and minutes from downtown its makes it a great place to come to when having to go to Hamilton. Great comfy beds, large tv's(free movies), iron, hairdryer, fridge, and coffee machines in the room. Rooms are very clean and the price was great. The staff was expectional! The only problem was the dining room was closed when we got there at 1:30 am. But most are. We were hungry! but the staff was helpful in finding us something to eat.

WOULD STAY AGAIN! Hotels should use this hotel as an example!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member