“Totally Enjoyable Stay!”

Admiral Inn Hamilton
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights. The beds were very comfortable and any request we put to the front desk was acted upon right away. The room itself was also really comfy. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in November and had no sleep due to noise. No refund of $ was given despite multiple calls to desk. Small discount was offered to stay again, so we did in March. Same thing. Groups of people partying all night, loudly. No resolution from management.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiredOntario
Admiral_Manager, General Manager at Admiral Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Thank you for staying at the Admiral Inn, and we apologize for the noise made by the groups (Sports Teams) staying with us, we always try to ask team parents to keep noise at a minimum. But it can be difficult to control younger groups. We would like to offer a resolution to the noise complaints in any way possible, please feel free to contact the Manager at any time and reference this response.

Reviewed December 12, 2008

Room reeked of cigarette smoke (did not request a smoking room). I;m allergic to cigarette smoke and immediately had to pop three clariton in order to function properly.

Dirty -- bottles underneath the bed, spiders crawling the walls, sheets with red stains near the top (red wine?), sheets later on made me itch at night (bed bugs?) Sheets and bed cover stank from the cigarette smoke. Disgusting ashtrays all around. Asked for another room (I paid one hundred dollars for this room --- aaarrrggggh), and was told there were absolutely no non-smoking rooms available.

Shower handle had too much slack. Bathroom door did not lock properly. After the toilet was flushed the water pipes made a high pitched squealing noise due to vibration. After trying a few things we found that running water in the sink stopped the noise.

Ground level room actually jutted out toward a major intersection which was slick with black ice. I made my daughter sleep furthest away from the window which faced the intersection.

Had to wear earplugs since there were loud rude people walking past late at night with no consideration of others trying to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

I'm sorry to hear of your stay, however there was not a need to exaggerate your review because you did not get a full refund due to the fact that a smoking room was booked.

We tested the shower, toilet and bathroom door, and all three worked perfectly. Some first floor rooms are adjacent to a road with some traffic noise, but none "jutted" into an intersection.

With reference to bed bugs, we had one confirmed case in the last 5 years and all rooms have since been completely renovated with no such issues since.

It is unfortunate that reviews like this are able to be posted with half truths being stated. We always try to resolve any issues with guest's in an appropriate manner and in this case after inspecting the room nothing was wrong except with the fact that the room was a designated smoking room.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

I had stayed there in April, and the room looked presentable, but not pristine; it has gone down hill since. I was given the same room in September, and it initially appeared okay. However, the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling, there was rust around the light fixtures, and the large stain that was on the carpet in April was still there.
I noticed after the first night that I had a couple of bites on my arms, and wondered, where they could have come from as the windows are sealed. However, the next morning I was covered in bites across my back, around my face and arms. Still not 100% convinced as to what they were, I went home saw my doctor, who confirmed that these were bed bug bites. I experienced more than three weeks of excruciating itching, as I am really allergic to insect bites. I called the hotel, spoke to the desk clerk and left a message for the manager who never returned my call. I'm sure that the sheets are changed and the sink and toilet cleaned but that is all. No apparent vacuuming, never mind pulling the bed away from the wall, or checking the mattress. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank tuckermom

This was the hotels one and only true case, as we had a long term stay from China in this particular room prior to this guest's arrival. Bed bugs are a common problem these days, and we always deal with them in a serious and diligent way. In this case, the room was completely gutted and re-done. It is not worth the risk of having them spread throughout the hotel.

I had contacted the guest (after a full inspection) and offered a refund, but the guest declined and said she would not be returning. This guest was apart of a group who still stay here approximately 4 times a year to this day

We apologize for this unfortunate experience, and hope that you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 27, 2008

after a long drive we stopped at the admiral inn, the staff were very friendly, and the room large, quite luxurious and clean. the room had a large bathroom (although we could't get the jacuzzi bath to work) the room had a fridge and microwave.
We only stayed one night, and did not eat in the restaurant so cannot comment on the food, apart from peeking in and seeing someone's pancakes and eggs, which looked quite tasty!!
overall a nice hotel, pity we arrived late and left next morning.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theonly1iknow
Reviewed July 14, 2008

The staff was unfriendly and the decor reminded me of a nursing home --cheap , hospital colours, scrubable plastic. The room wasn't too bad. The breakfast service was poor and the staff were rude.. I was back in town the next week and booked elsewhere even though I it was further away from the place where I was working in Hamilton.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank TristanOliver
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We've just returned from Hamilton, Ontario. We had read horrible reviews about hotels in Hamilton. We stayed at the Admiral Inn and were very pleased with this hotel. The hotel was clean, nice large room and the staff was very friendly.

The restaurant at the hotel had good food and not expensive. We had the house wine which was Kressmann and it was only $18 for a litre.

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay there again and recommend it to anyone visiting Hamilton.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends