“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Hamilton Ontario
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Room appeared to be recently updated. Great central location, nice restaurant for breakfast. Will certainly stay there again. Service at the front desk was fast and friendly. Didn't use room service so I can't comment

• Stayed June 2014
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello HamiltonONT,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that your found of front desk to be inviting and efficient. Thank you for taking note of our newly renovated lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

-Syed Gardezi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I will start off by saying that the staff were helpful and truly wanted our stay to be comfortable.
That said... When we arrived, the hotel had given away the room that we had reserved. This was as my partner said, a Seinfeld moment ("You can take a reservation, but you can't hold a reservation). We were given a small room with two queen-sized beds instead. However, this room had quite a few issues: the in-room safe was malfunctioning, the toilet paper holder is 5 feet away from the toilet itself, and the ventilation systems was very loud. Also, one of the closet doors would bang against you as soon as you let it go, as it's mounted on a spring and the furniture was showing a lot of signs of wear. The only redeeming grace of this room was a partial view of the lake.
As I said, the staff were amazing in trying to compose with guests that were polite but clearly dissatisfied. We were moved to another room on the second night, and that room was much better and everything worked well. The staff were attentive and made sure to check with us that we were pleased.
We enjoyed a great lunch at Chagall's and would definitely recommend it. As for the hotel, the beds are comfortable and the linens clean, but do check that all amenities are working and, if not, don't hesitate to contact the staff. They will do all they can with the resources they have.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello MusicalPeanut,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate you recognizing our Sheraton team members as genuine service ambassadors, who truly want to ensure all guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. At your earliest convenience please connect with me as I would like to discuss your stay further: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Pine Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here with a couple of friends of mine, as we were in town for ConBravo (a convention for nerds, held every July at the convention center across the street), and wanted to be close to all the action. This was my first time ever visiting a country other than my native United States, and the staff were incredibly helpful with regards to currency.

The pool was always very inviting, and the hot tub was plenty bubbly to relax my muscles after my daily swim. I wish they'd skim the pool a little more often though, as I noticed hair, fabric strands, and even bugs in the pool even when I'd jump into it at 6 in the morning.

The hotel is attached to a sprawling complex of malls. Yes, that is the plural, malls. Between Jackson Square and I think two other malls attached to it, there was no shortage of shopping. We didn't even get to explore all of the shopping space there was, we will next year! Be sure to bring your maple money though, as not all the stores accept USD. Don't worry, there are multiple ATMs throughout the malls in case you need some local currency. I was reminded of National Harbor in Maryland, with the multiple shops and restaurants available to us.

When I came down to the lobby Friday morning, I noticed that all of the LCD displays (which would show hotel maps, event schedules, etc.) all welcomed ConBravo attendees for the weekend. This is something I wish the Gaylord in Maryland would do.

My only real concern was the elevator problems we faced once ConBravo was in full swing; there are no stairs to the various floors, so elevators are the only option. One of the elevators was completely out of service, and the wait time just to get back to my room was unacceptable. I hope they address this next year.

I'm looking forward to coming back here next summer for next year's ConBravo. I might actually stay a little longer, as I didn't really get to explore Toronto (an hour away!) as much as I really wanted to, and I want to see what the rest of Ontario has to offer. I just hope they get the hair out of the pool next time. I thank the staff of the Sheraton for making me and my friends feel welcome, and for making my first trip outside the United States a wonderful, memorable one. I can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I've travelled a lot and last week, I was in the Hammer with the boys to visit a friend who is a coach with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL and attend a game. The team uses the Sheraton as do many of the visiting teams. There's a reason.
The staff, decor, rooms, are all superb. Best beds we have ever slept on. Parking? Yes, it costs $10.00 a day and while I wished it was included, the hotel IS in downtown Hamilton and parking is a premium.
The Cats won that night (over Ottawa who was also staying here), and we did as well in choosing this hotel.
Starbucks in room and in lobby! Doesn't get better. Well be back for another game this fall and it's automatic that we choose this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

we booked an executive room. I have to admit that the room was a little bit dated. I would have expected something more. But the overall experience was nice. The breakfast in the executive liunge was superbe and the staff was extremely kind and gentle. go for it!

Stayed July 2014
ottawa
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed for two nights in late May 2014. We were in Hamilton for a wedding. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows fantastic. Underground parking and easy to get to, well lit and secure. Great location, right downtown with a large shopping mall attached. Perriguine falcons living on the roof and can often be seen flying around outside your window...camera view of their nest in the mall. Overall great hotel.

Room Tip: Better view facing the back of the building overlooking the Coliseum.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fp p
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2014

When I arrived at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel at 5:30am, the night clerk and manager allowed me to check-in as opposed to having to pay for an additional night. Thank you Andrew and his manager!! This hotel has a nice, well-equipped gym. The rooftop sun deck is also nice. The Nations Fresh Food store is accessible through the hotel lobby, and is a good option for a take out meal or snack. Several bars and restaurants are located just outside the front doors. Free internet, and $10 per day for the parking garage.

Room Tip: ask for a room distant from the ice machine
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ChuckL568
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hello Chuck L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that we could accommodate your early check in request; and that you found our location to be in good standing to local amenities such as downtown eateries. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Sheraton Team Member Andrew for your check in experience. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.