“Lovely refurbished room and great staff”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Australia
“Lovely refurbished room and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed three nights while visiting family in Hamilton. Refurbishment of rooms was topnotch (the beds live up to their name), staff friendly and prompt with requests, and the location was terrific as we had numerous errands to run in the downtown area. The pool is great, whirlpool a bit tired but I am sure these will also be refurbished. We ate twice in the Loft Lounge - both nights after 8:30 pm - and the food was very good and service excellent. Great rate on the Sheraton website as well. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed in this hotel for New Year's Eve (December 2013). I was very impressed with how the staff kept people out of the hallways and only allowed those with room keys to enter the elevators to go up to the rooms. The hotel was very quiet that night and we had no trouble sleeping when we were back in our hotel room. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows, which surprised me because most hotel pillows aren't comfortable at all.

Check in was quick and painless, and we were given a room at the end of the hallway, near the top of the hotel. Very nice and quiet.

The only thing I found odd was that the washroom had no ceiling fan. All washrooms should have a fan....for shower steam and odours!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello Laura J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable, especially our pillows. We appreciate your recognition of our additional security measure we take on New Years Eve to ensure all our guests have a safe and enjoyable time with us. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope you choose to stay with us for your next New Years celebrations.

Warm Regards and Happy New Year,
-Syed Gardezi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was the coldest day of the year and the lobby was COLD. The front desk looks awful as I guess they are remodelling. People in the lobby were wearing coats and sweaters and the staff had a portable heater behind them. We were given the wrong room number on the card with the keys so it was a trip to the 9th floor to find out we had to go back, get new keys and go to the 4th floor which was our assigned room. Guess where our room was--directly opposite the elevators and the hotel was only ⅓ full. Why not give this room out last instead of first as it is noisy with people getting on and off the elevator .

NEXT we could not get the TV remote to work. The maid tried to help by giving us a remote from the adjacent room but it still would not work. Maintenance was called and after a while he was able to come back with a remote that would work with our TV.

The room was nice, great sheets and bedding. It appears the hotel is getting tired but still a good place to stay. We were thankful for indoor parking (extra charge) with the extremely cold weather.

The next mooring going back to the lobby it still had not warmed up. I expect to be comfortable in a hotel lobby and you needed a coat or jacket in this one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello Londonhobby,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found your guestroom and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding comfortable throughout your stay. We are pleased to be refreshing our lobby space, we recently added a Starbuck coffee shop, though when renovating our heating has been mildly affected during this time. We apologize for your check in difficulties, and your feedback about your room situation will be communicated to our front office team. At your earliest convenience please do not hesitate to contact me: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com to discuss your stay in its entirety. Thank you again for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel bring you to Hamilton.

Warm Regards,

Syed Gardezi
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

When the power went out in Toronto it was impossible to get a hotel room in the city so we went to Hamilton and stayed at the Sheraton. What a wonderful surprise. The hotel is very luxurious and our room was spacious and very comfortable. The elegant Chagall's restaurant was surprisingly inexpensive for such an inviting space. Would highly recommend if only for those amazingly comfortable beds. An added bonus is that the hotel has direct access to the Jackson Square Mall which is definitely on the way up.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Even though the lobby was under construction and there were extensive delays checking in it was a fantastic experience primarily due to the great attitude of Amanda and the rest of the staff. the rooms were clean and well stocked. it was a great experience on the whole and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Hello RolfeWilkinson,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We apologize about your delayed check in experience but are so pleased to hear that our staff's attitude during ensured a great stay. Thank you for recognizing one of our front office associates by name, I am personally very proud that Amanda was able to make up for our lobby refresh. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Warm Regards,
-Syed Gardezi
Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, 5 days. Conducted a training in the meeting room of the hotel. From the moment I walked in the door staff went out of their way to help and assist me settle in. Mirella brun del re in sales was very helpful and assisted with any Ned I hd. I really enjoyed my stay. When you travel for a job, a place that helps makes you feel welcomed and at home is soooooo appreciated! Thanks you staff, I hope to return sometime soon!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton on Saturday November 26th while in the city for a Christmas party. Checked in shortly after 3pm to be able to use some of the hotel amenities before leaving for the party. The pool area was clean and inviting and the water temperature was perfect...not to warm but definitely not cold.
The room was amazing; clean and I must say it had one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in.
Some issues with the T.V. and when I called the desk to report it someone responded to my room in minutes. Very impressive.
Am currently looking into booking a room for an outing in February 2014. This will be my choice of hotels any time I must be in Hamilton overnight.

Room Tip: The King corner room was huge, but I wish I would have opted for the Club floors to have a better vi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple