“Too noisy on the 3rd floor”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The room was clean but very noisy from the 3rd floor. We ask for a roll away bed and never receive it in 2 nights. It seem to be in a poor area of Hamilton, very noisy and didn't feel safe at night. We stayed there while going to Niagara Falls, we saved a lot of money but were in the trafic all the time...morning and night! finally our last 2 nights were at the Marriott in Niagara Falls...which was perfect. but heh!, the room was very clean!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hello michmagoo8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found our hotel very clean during your stay. Though disappointed to hear our 3rd floor by the swimming pool and fitness centre was noisy. Please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com as I would like to discuss your full stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The current rating for this hotel is entirely accurate. The bedding is comfortable, and my room was reasonably quiet(facing the lake is quieter than facing the street).

The building is being slowly refurbished, but there's still much work needed. The hot water tap in my bathroom literally fell out of the sink while I was brushing my teeth. Maintenance came up and fixed it quickly @10 pm, which was appreciated.

The surrounding location is pretty depressing, but that isn't the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello michmagoo8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found our hotel very clean during your stay. Though disappointed to hear our 3rd floor by the swimming pool and fitness center was noisy. Please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com as I would like to discuss your full stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked a room on the club floor. The view wasn't bad, and getting parking was as pretty quick process. The free treats (beverages, fruit, snacks, etc) in the club lounge accessible at any time was nice. We also ordered room service and it arrived in a reasonable time.

There were, however, a few gripes. The area around the hotel is not exactly a place I'd go for a stroll. I don't go to Hamilton much, but as soon as I started walking around the (huge) block that the hotel is in, I immediately wanted to get back to my room as soon as possible. Other than the street that the hotel is on, it's pretty much deserted except for sketchy dudes.

Additionally, the club floor breakfast, while free, was pretty lacklustre. There was no meat, and the food tasted generic/cold. It was prepared and maintained by one person, who was rude to other patrons. An older woman got up to get some eggs, but the employee had shut the heating container and lied, saying there were no eggs left, when really she was just packing up and too lazy to open it again.

Other than these two things, the room was acceptable and the bed was comfortable, though the TV quality was pretty fuzzy.

Room Tip: We got a very discounted price on the club floor by booking with Expedia.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hello David Q,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable during your stay. Please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com as I would like to discuss your Sheraton Club Lounge encounters further; and I look forward to speaking with you then. Thank you again for sharing your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Hamilton for a weekend when we were in town for a wedding. The location is great and in the downtown area of Hamilton. It's close to a lot of amenities. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Check-in/out was very quick! Parking is onsite and is pretty inexpensive at $10/night and allows in/out privileges. Overall, we had a great stay and were very impressed with the staff and cleanliness of this hotel. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel in Hamilton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello amcs76,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found our hotel clean and comfortable; as well as close to local amenities. We appreciate you recognizing all our Sheraton Hamilton Team Members who work towards all our guests having great stays. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. I wish we had more time to enjoy the amenities but we arrived late and left early. I really just booked because of the great rate, but I'm sure we will be staying there again on our next trip to Hamilton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Ron_fan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that though your stay with short, you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We book a club floor room expecting the usual room amenities such as a mini fridge for our picnic supplies. This was a disapointment. Sherston should standardize its offering.
The selection at the lounge wasn't impressive with only one hot item.
Room was ok.

• Stayed: July 2013
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hello GlobalguyOttawa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate your feed back; please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com to discuss your stay in its entirety. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here because it was our wedding hotel. Wow.. really nice. I was impressed. Each room had great modern 40 inch TV's. The beds were soft yet firm. I really liked the big fluffy comforter with white crisp sheets. Solid air conditioning kept me cool all night long. Our whole party had amazing rooms. I slept and ate well. I would stay here again!

You will get a great sleep here!

Room Tip: pick a room to look at the water if you want
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hello ShanghaiCanuck,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable for a good nights rest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.