“Comfortable”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here and attended a conference in the convention centre which is attached to the Hotel. The rooms are quite large and the beds comfortable and the ac not too noisy. The room was to the cleanliness standard you would expect. The bathroom is quite dark as it only has minimal lighting, I can imagine this being an issue for the ladies. My tv also had some oddities the speech was delayed and you couldn't skip to a channel you had to go through each one ( to be fair to the hotel I didn't report this).
A TIP - if you take part in the no maid service option for your $5 voucher remember that you coffee, creamer and free water won't be topped up, but to be fair I'm sure if i had asked at reception they would have given me more supplies.

I also ate in the bar and had breakfast and I found the food quality and the service very good.

Like other reviewers one gripe I have is the $10 plus tax per day charge for Internet in your room, it always amuses me that budget hotels never charge for Internet, but more expensive hotels clearly making a lot more money do! Come on Sheraton set a new standard and provide free Internet in all your guest rooms!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate you recognizing the Sheraton Make a Green Choice program, where guests can decline having full cleaning service (fresh sheets and towels) in exchange for 500 starpoints (points can be accumulated towards free stays) or $5 credit to be used in our Chagall’s Restaurant or LOFT Lounge. . I would appreciate if you would connect with me directly (syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com) as I would like to discuss your feed back about our internet further. Thank you again for taking your time to provide us with feedback.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Hamilton Hotel

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton and I loved the beds they have and pillows! It's a convenient location but hate to pay for the Internet. The Internet should be free as other hotels are giving free Internet. Restaurant is nice and Club Lounge has good food!

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello Jim Q,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your sleep on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. I would appreciate if you would connect with me directly (syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com) as I would like to discuss your feed back about our internet further. Thank you again for taking your time to provide us with feedback.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was a great place to stay in the heart of downtown hamilton walking distance to everything. Conveniently attached indoors to a mall. Rooms were very clean and beds were the best I've ever slept on! Service was great with very nice and pleasant staff. I really dont like cramped up parking and the underground parking provided was very spacious so you dont have to worry about people hitting your car when they open their doors. The breakfast selection was very impressive too. All in all a great stay, made my first time visiting Hamilton a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rehmanu
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hello Rehmanu,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay! We are so happy to hear you found our underground parking facilities spacious for your stay. We are really appreciate you recognizing our service and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Hamilton for your next stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location in Hamilton two weekends in a row, for two separate events. Initially, my wife had booked this hotel with Aeroplan points. After our first experience, there was no doubt we would come back and not even consider other location in town.

Both stays, we were lucky enough to have a Deluxe corner room. The views here are excellent; you can see a lot of the downtown, Lake Ontario, the skyway, and the industrial area (which is eerily beautiful after the sun sets). Our second stay was on Victoria Day weekend; from our window, we could see fireworks exploding all over town. Be sure to ask for an upper floor, if available.

The parking was stress free, and the internet was fast. Other reviews seem to criticize these two services for not being free, however both are extremely reasonable for any respectable downtown hotel.

Both rooms we had were spotlessly clean, beds comfortable, and quite spacious. Room service breakfast was very good.

The hotel accidentally charged me twice for internet service, when I only logged in on one device. I contacted hotel management, and they promptly and graciously reversed BOTH charges, going well above and beyond what was necessary.

Location is excellent, close to Copps Coliseum, Hess Village, and many interesting little shops and restaurants. I can understand some criticisms in other reviews of the "element" outside the hotel, but as a former Hamilton resident, I am not at all phased, and hardly has anything to do with the quality of service and amenities in this hotel.

I literally have nothing negative to say about this property, and our two experiences here.

Room Tip: Spring for a Deluxe Corner room, and ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kam D
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hi Kam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stays at the Sheraton Hamilton. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed both visits; and found our hotel amenities to be in good standing as well as our location to local amenities such as the Copps Coliseum. Thank you for recognizing management team and I am happy to hear we were able to rectify the double internet charge. We look forward to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

-Syed

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Hamilton on May 11, 2013.

Having read some of the reviews of the hotel, I was initially concerned about the noise factor. I contacted the hotel General Manager who assured me that the hotel, being an older construction, has concrete walls and floors and was therefore not noisy. One thing that struck me as I was going through the reviews was that the General Manager has taken the time to address all reviews - good and not so good - on tripadvisor; this shows his personal commitment to excellence.

I found the walls and floor of the our room to be solid with no noise penetration. The only "structural" noise was from doors of other rooms closing and the locks engaging. This is no different from any other hotel. Personally, I always insert my door key into the lock to disengage the lock, pull the handle down and then pull the door shut when I leave my room; that helps lessen or eliminate the noise altogether.

Other reviews have indicated the fact that the hotel is connected to a shopping mall - Jackson Square - leaves a lot to be desired. This is a matter of preference. If one were to look for the convenience of having a shopping mall attached to the hotel, this would not be a problem at all. Obviously, consideration should also be given to the fact that the hotel is located right in downtown Hamilton and shopping malls in any downtown location are very different from those in the suburbs in terms of atmosphere and clientele. At no time did we feel unsafe; we actually found it very convenient to walk from our room to the mall and to the Farmers' Market in less than 10 minutes.

Another common topic amongst reviewers in the underground "small parking lot/spaces." I found the lot big enough. As well, the parking lot for the shopping mall is attached to the hotel's lot so guests may choose to park in the mall's lot, the combined lot is really quite large. The actual parking spaces are no smaller than any other.

The beds were very comfortable; the sheets were luxurious. Everything was very clean in the room and bathroom, demonstrating a keen sense to detail. It is obvious that the hotel has undergone refurbishment; the bathroom looed fresh. A "shelf" integrated into the wall above the bathtub was a nice touch; space for shampoo and conditioner and shower gel bottles!

The only slight criticism I had about the room itself was the lighting. I found the lighting a little too subdued, especially given the preponderance of dark wood in the room.

We were on the Club floor and found the breakfast to be phenomenal in terms of choice of food and staff were simply excellent.

All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank udomeidouwedo
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share such a robust review, we really appreciate your feed back! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Club Lounge, comfortable sweet sleeper beds and convenient location to local amenities; such as Jackson square mall and the local farmers market. My Sheraton Hamilton team members allow me to continue striving for my personal commitment to excellence, and could not be done without them. Please feel free to connect with me again on your next visit to Hamilton (syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com).

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The room was very comfortable (as was the bed). The extra bed we ordered in advance was not there when we arrived but they were very quick to bring it up. The pool was an okay size. Breakfast was so-so. Parking is included in the cost which is convenient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you found our room and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed comfortable. Please feel free to connect with me directly next time your travels bring you to Hamilton (syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com) as we do want you next stay to be Spectacular.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice place to stay if you are in Hamilton . Clean rooms . Good service and very convenient . Right beside it is an indoors mall . Close to Copps Colosseum and close to the Art gallery , Hamilton Place and the convention center . Right downtown near everything .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We are happy to hear that you found our downtown location convenient to all of the local amenities; and appreciate you recognizing our good service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel.