Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
$109
$104
  • Breakfast included
Admiral Inn Hamilton(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$87
Agoda.com
$131
$117
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe club loungefood courtattached malljackson square mallart galleryconvention centercorner roomfarmers marketcomfortable bedsunderground parkingcopps coliseumper dayking roomdowntown areafront desk staffearly checkhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The first thing one must know that there are two king Street Wests in Hamilton...put the hotel into your GPS as I did never having been here before and you have a. 50% chance of reaching the hotel...I found out the hard way by reaching the other address where there was no hotel.

Eventually I got there and told my story...I was told of the two similar addresses at the opposite ends of Hamilton and was told to put in the zip code/ postal code into the navigation system in order to reach the right address.

Hamilton was maddening with its one way streets.

The parking beneath the hotel was very tight and the ceilings low...I noted a full sized SUV having difficulties parking.

The hotel itself was fine, although it was open to a shopping area at the back and one had to wonder how they managed security with only one person that evening working in reception.

My room on the 15 th floor facing the harbour was fine...I chose the room having checked this site and it worked out well.

Attending a convention on the other side of the road , the hotel was most convenient with an over the street walk over on the second floor to the convention center.

Room Tip: I took a tip from this site..15 th floor, harbour view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are happy you enjoyed the convenient location to the convention center and local shopping; not to mention the great harbor view. We appreciate you noting your difficulties locating our hotel with a GPS, it is true that due to the greater Hamilton and neighboring township configurations there are three 116 King Street West’s. We have added an additional reminder of this on the email reminders that are sent to guests three days prior – we are also taking steps to ensure our address becomes more GPS friendly. Please feel free to share your input with me at syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com. We would love to welcome you back next you are in Hamilton.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Hamilton this past weekend for a boy's basketball tournament with my family (4 of us). The room was a typical hotel room, nothing memorable and no "extras", although it was clean and nice enough. Beds were very (very!) comfortable.

The hotel was easy to find & parking was great - well lit and plenty of parking.

I found the room very noisy -- the doors really bang when they shut and on a busy weekend, this made for a lot of noise in the night and early morning. Our door also rattled.

My biggest complaint (and why I will not return to the Sheraton Hamilton -- in fact, why I would never have booked this hotel if I had been making the decision -- unfortunately traveling as a team, we don't get to choose our hotel) is the lack of free internet in the rooms. This is a necessity for me when I travel -- especially when we travel as a team and we need to communicate about game times etc. With so many hotels to choose from who offer free wifi, this hotel offers me nothing out of the ordinary that would make me choose the Sheraton over another hotel with free internet. (There is free internet in the lobby for those who enjoy sitting in the lobby throughout their stay).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. The Link@Sheraton is our connectivity hub of our lobby experience, allowing our guests to work and connect to the people and things that matter to them; there we offer complimentary wireless internet and also six computer stations with complimentary internet. It is true, in our guestrooms we charge a nominal fee throughout our eighteen story building so we can provide excellent internet service including 24-hour customer support. Moving forward we will be including internet for all sport teams as we understand how important it is for all guests to remain connected. Your feedback is appreciated and helpful please contact me directly at syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com – Thank you!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in April. We had concert tickets at Copps Coliseum and found this to be the perfect spot to stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. My husband is in a wheelchair and we found the hotel very easy to navigate. Breakfast is served in a room with steps but right away we were taken to another dining area with a ramp and served there. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location is great. Just a very short walk to Copps. The only issue I had was that parking was difficult underground. There is only 1 handicap spot for the hotel entrance so I had to drop my husband off at the door with the luggage and find a spot quite a distance away (the parking is shared for the mall as well) and come back to take him and the luggage up to the main lobby. Over all I would recommend the hotel and would use it again myself

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We hope you enjoyed the concert at Copps Coliseum and are happy to hear that you found our hotel location convenient and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds very comfortable. We appreciate your feedback about our parking facilities; please feel free to email me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com to discuss further. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I usually do not take the time to share my experience during travel online, but the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel deserves commendation.
Everyone, from Gassan (Manager) to Teresa (members lounge attendant), have gone above and beyond to ensure that my wife and I do not second guess our choice of location when staying in Hamilton.
Any questions during our stays have been dealt with an "ASAP" attitude, which reinforces our personal commitment to this location.
The desk staff at the front are welcoming and eager to make recommendations for preferred food, events and local attractions.
We have enjoyed stays from the beginning of January 2013 to date, with a frequency of 1 to 2 nights a week and will continue to do so until our needs change, however it may be difficult part ways with the Sheraton Hamilton for very long.
In closing, thank you Sheraton of Hamilton and all of your wonderful staff. Your continued commitment to customer satisfaction, paired with high standards of service, will continue to set you apart from the competiton!!!!

See you soon!!!

Jeff & Christina Low

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and recognizing all our team members especially Gassan and Theresa. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

we stayed at the Sheraton a few weeks back..the room was fine but nothing was outstanding. no coffee maker, microwave or fridge. check in was fine. we realized on Saturday that the hotel open directly into the mall and those doors are never locked. we discovered that some of the homeless folks use this mall for overnight stays, & someone in our party went to the car around 11pm & observed people in clandestine positions in the food court area. while I do not wish to force these folks outside, particularly in the cold weather, I may not want to meet up with them in a stair well.

we found that the ice machine was not working on our floor and had to search 1 floor up or 2 floors down to find a working machine. also, on the Saturday night, the fire alarm went off..while the staff came on on the intercom to tell us they were checking the situation, at no time were we told to stay in our room or to evacuate and of course calls to the front desk, found the line busy. after waiting about 15 minutes, we decided to walk down 12 floors & came to the bottom only to fine myself outside at the back of the hotel. there were handicapped people and children (I have asthma) who tried valiantly to make this walk. they really should have advised us to stay in our rooms until further notice. other than that, it was just fine, not outstanding!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay with ‘fine’ and not outstanding, as we strive to ensure all our guests have the best possible stay. Though unforeseen events can occur, our staff team handled the fire alarm situation very well. Within 45 minutes of the alarm sounding our management team had left a voice message apologizing and explaining the event on each guest phone as well as letters were left at each guestroom. Please feel free to email me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com to discuss further. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel in the future.