Hamilton Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Airport Inn(Hamilton)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I had to meet up in Hamilton for a business meeting and had a wonderful stay at Hamilton Inn.

I would really recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank marlenebrindel
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed with three of my friends at the Inn for three days. We were there for our exchange program at the McMaster University and needed a place for few days to look for an apartment for rent.

We took a large room at the Inn (for four people). The rooms are comfortable with nice beds and are equipped with basic necessities including TV etc.

The place is pretty nice and quiet, though a bit away from the main market.

Since we were students, we found the place a good value for money.

Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank AK05
Reviewed March 11, 2009

First I read the most recent reviews on this site and satisfied with that I contacted the hotel to book the room. We required parking for our large tractor/trailer and we also travel with our two small dogs. The owner was very friendly on the phone and we decided to book our stay with them.
We arrived in the early evening hours and had to park in the turn lane of the street while we checked in. The man who was in charge of renovation work at the hotel helped to block traffic so we could back our truck into their limited parking space.
We had requested a kitchenette and upon arrival were told that the only kitchenette available had not yet been remodeled. Since there was not a wide selection of restaurants within walking distance, we settled on the unimproved kitchenette unit.
To be fair, they actually are in the process of remodeling all of the units, but most of them have not been completed as a couple of the reviews will lead you to believe. I personally did not see what the newly renovated units were like.
LIKES:
Quiet and reasonably safe area.
Very friendly and helpful staff and full time residents.
Price, we paid about $250 USD for a one week stay.
Pet friendly, but I think there was a pet fee included in the rate.
Shower had awesome water pressure and plenty of HOT water.
Free wireless internet, fast and without interruptions.

DISLIKES:
Housekeeping standards not up to par.
Sheets and towels in poor condition, I brought my own.
Radiant heat, it always seems to be too hot or too cold.
Kitchenette appliances way outdated, but in working condition.
Cigarette smoke seeps in from other rooms.
No mirror in bathroom.
Toilet leaked water and clogged up two or three times.
Electrical outlets worn out and loose.
Furniture falling apart, had to ask for dishes/cookware/table.
We were constantly tracking in cinders from the parking lot.

A WORD OF CAUTION: if you have small children or pets please be careful of the ravine behind the hotel. It is only blocked off with plastic snow fencing. Our dog jerked her leash out of my hand and took off after a squirrel. She fell off about an 8' drop and was hurt so bad she could not walk for several days. We had to make a trip to an emergency veterinary clinic which set us back almost $500 after the examination, x-rays and medications.

In conclusion...they really are in the process of remodeling the units and even adding new televisions. I would recommend staying here if you call ahead and are able to book a newly refurbished room. They are super nice people who don't bother you or treat you like you are going to tear something up or steal from them. We even stayed at another hotel they own in Sarnia on our way back home to the states.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GTS8704
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I stayed at this place a year ago and it was in bad shape..but things are changed now and its nothing like it used to be. The room was very nice and clean and full renovated. All the things have been replaced and it has a whole new reputation. I highly reccomend this place for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Andy1612
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I Have stayed at this hotel when it was own by other people, and I must say it was one of the worst motels I ever stayed in.....Thats not the case anymore. The new owners have done so very much to improve this motel. They have completly renovated the property, from the front lot and office to every individual room. The staff was very friendly and the value is unbeatable in this city. The room I stayed in cost me $64.00 can. and the room was very clean and fullfilled more then I expected for the money I payed. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking to save a few bucks and not want to resort to staying in a dump. This is litterly the best motel in the city, kudo's to the new owners.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo