“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Hamilton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Hamilton
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Belmont, Canada
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Centennial for the night while attending a wedding in the area. We had stayed at Comfort Inn hotels before, but we were surprised to find that this location had been recently renovated and updated.

We did not spend much time in our room, but we were happy to find a small fridge and microwave in our Standard King room. The bed was nice and comfortable. The TV was a newer flat screen, but the cable connection was just standard definition signal. I wouldn’t normally complain about that, but the World Cup was on : )

The woman at the front reception was very nice as well. She offered to call us a cab when we were leaving for the wedding and she was very helpful the next morning when we got our free breakfast.

Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank telferm
comfortinnhamilton, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Hello Telferm

Thank you for staying with us. It is always a pleasure to see a guest be pleased with the services we offer. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was an ok place to spend a night since we had an event that was in the area but it wouldn't be my first choice if we returned to the area. The rooms stunk...one smelled like smoke and the other of stale beer. One of our travelers was given her key and walked in on someone that was already in the room!! Apparently she didn't want to leave and the front desk didn't realize she was still there. Initially the front desk woman was not friendly to our group until the mess with the room and she did her best to be a bit kinder. We had children with us and they were bored as there are no family friendly amenities at the hotel but we knew that and brought activities for them. The breakfast food wasn't great.

Room Tip: For safety reasons I'd request a second floor room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank natesmommy
Dear natesmommy

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our property. I cannot express my displeasure enough in the experience you encountered while staying with us. I can assure you this is not a common practice at our property. Please consider using us again if you find yourself in Hamilton, so we can make a much better impression on you and your family.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed for one night at the Comfort Inn in Hamilton Ontario during a business trip. I booked this property since my regular hotels were sold out for that particular night. I had booked a queen bedroom on the second floor and upon check in I received a ground floor room. My corporate policy does not allow ground floor stays and all available was a second floor room with two double beds, which did not bother me. The Comfort Inn claims to have totally renovated the property which, in my opinion, is only partially true. The entire property including my room contains a specific unidentifiable smell (musty, old smoke??) which I found somewhat disgusting. The bathroom was semi-updated -- new tile floor, new sink with granite countertop - but old toilet and a showerhead from the late 80's. The room had new carpet and a new granite desk, fresh wallpaper and updated lighting. Some furniture pieces however looked old. TV was flatscreen and probably the most valuable piece of furniture in the room. Bedroom linens were fresh and new. Wifi was fast. In room coffee maker was broken.
As a female, traveling by herself, I felt slightly uneasy during my stay, as other guests were mainly male displaying a somewhat crude, work crew type behavior.
For $119 (Canadian) I was quite disappointed and would not stay at this hotel again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
comfortinnhamilton, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I am sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant and uncomfortable. We at the Comfort Inn are very proud of our renovations and am sorry to hear you found them semi adequate. If there was a problem in your room we would have been happy to rectify the situation had we been informed of your concerns. Our toilets however not new but are in excellent shape and did not require replacing. I am sorry to hear you found the shower heads outdated however since completion of our renovations in October these are brand new high efficiency shower heads. Our guests stay with us for many reasons we do have construction crews staying us and if you felt offended by our other guests I apologize and would have hoped you would bring this to our prompt attention so it could of been dealt with.

Regards
Lisa Gallant

Travelers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here because of the location to the event I was attending in Hamilton and I didn't need to pay for a lot of amenities I wasn't going to use as I was only here for one night.
A renovated, clean and cozy hotel that is priced right and across the street from a mall (so convenient if you want a pizza, etc.).
Rooms were an average size but all very fresh and clean and in good condition.
There was a microwave and mini-fridge as well as a nice sized flat screen TV.
Front desk staff I spoke with at check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient.
The price included a breakfast and I was actually impressed with the choice - there were hot and cold options on the buffet while I was only expecting a continental breakfast.
Parking and Wi-Fi are also included.
So if you are looking for a clean comfortable place to lay your head, this is it!

Room Tip: You can choose between a ground floor room or second floor room. The entire hotel is non-smoking whi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank INTOYYZ
Dear INTOYYZ

Thank you for the review of our property. If you happen to find yourself in Hamilton again, please consider staying with us again.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here a few times now. Rooms have been recently renovated and furniture and linens are light and modern. Great WiFi and breakfast. Bathrooms clean, including towels and shower curtain. Only downside I can mention is room could use a bit brighter lighting, but that's subjective and the place is not a cave, just personally found it on the darker side...

On our first stay, there as a team staying and many parents were hanging out in the hallways being loud, but staff addressed the problem at 11pm and we had a great sleep. I would actually say that staff here is great. Asked lady at front counter for suggestions on where to eat and she suggested a great place for us to go. Very friendly at check-in, I really enjoy staying here and will again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephan S
GeneralManagerCN268, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for the kind response. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you consider us again when you are in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek area.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Clean and comfortable, rooms with nice linen, good size bathroom, big windows with lots of light, you can park your car right in front of your door, and it doesn't look like a cheap motel, it's a nice little place, everything is simple but works really well, the staff is very friendly specially the short hair lady who gave me lots of indications of places to visit there and in Ottawa, was very helpful, the breakfast is quite good too! if I ever come back to Hamilton! you probably stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
comfortinnhamilton, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction during your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit to Hamilton.

Regards