“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
OSHAWA
“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was making a trip to Niagara Falls, New York and had been given a certificate to use at this hotel. As it was the half-way point, I figured I'd try it out. The check-in was ok, but it seems that they had some sort of sports groups checking in at the same time. As it was quite late when I arrived, I really wasn't expecting the lobby to be filled with nothing but screaming kids. After checking in, I went up to my room. I went into the washroom to freshen up and was horrified to see huge bugs climbing up the walls, holes in the walls, filth, etc. I immediately checked the bed and rest of the room. Again, as it was so late and the front desk staff looked more tired than enthused, I just bit the bullet and went to bed. The next morning before leaving, I decided to try their breakfast. Again, I had to deal with a room full of screaming kids. The food was scarce and what I did manage to get was cold. The breakfast lady was more than rude as well. I will NEVER stay here again nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone. From what I saw, they were more interested in making money than they were about putting any into fixing things or even customer satisfaction/service. One of the worst places I have ever stayed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ClassyFreeSpirit
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apology for the several issues with reference to your stay at our location. Clearly, we did not come close to meeting your expectations. Please feel free to contact me @ the hotel directly to discuss your experience if you wish.

Michael Regan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Windsor
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a friend's recommendation - very nice sized, clean room and enjoyed the attached Golden Griddle for breakfast. Front desk was pleasant and helpful and we had a good night's sleep. Not a bad area at all. Would definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hl000
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is nice overall and what I have come to expect of this brand. It is however, hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the area. I passed the entrance the first time by, but was able to find it when I turned around. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is good. I stayed there twice within a week. The first stay, I noticed one elevator seemed to be scraping and it was being fixed upon my return. The first time I stayed I had to have my key recoded twice since it was overly sensitive if I got it near my iPad, but the clerk was funny and very helpful. The second room I stayed in was a little more outdated than the first and the stairways need some TLC and brightening. Overall not a bad hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mncteach
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in August 2013. We there for a baseball tournament. Hotel is clean, staff was friendly. Housekeeping was fantastic. Breakfast that they included with the stay was better than expected - milk, fresh yogurt, bacon, eggs, or sausages and omelettes, pancakes etc. Internet worked fine, lots of parking. Smoke-Free Hotel. Beds were comfy and the pillows were great. Bathroom was very very clean. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank theromos
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm a big fan of Holiday Inn Express - stayed at many over the last few years. This one, as another reviewer noted, is a little bit below their usual excellent standard. Hard to pin down exactly what it is about the place that lends that impression: the hallway ceilings seem unusually low, leading to a dark, cramped effect. They've done a bit of a slap-dash paint job on the room doors - you can see excess paint where someone should have done some taping and didn't. The room was fine. We were "upgraded" to a jacuzzi room with a queen bed...the tub was nice, I'll admit but we had reserved a room with a king bed. I think this upgrade was just an admission that they didn't have the room we'd asked for. Also, travelers should be aware that there is a garbage dump/transfer station around the corner and we could smell it from time to time while outside. Never while inside though.

Apart from that, still decent and we didn't regret staying there. Room was in good shape, didn't find it dated at all. Everything worked including the jacuzzi. A shelf in the bathroom needed minor repair, we advised the front desk upon departure. The included breakfast was good as always, staff very polite. All the other Holiday Inn Express locations I've stayed at have rated 5 stars, this one gets a 4. Still would stay there again, as the location suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elwood2012
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel partly because of the name and partly because of the location. Most Holiday Inn Express hotels are pretty updated and modern and you kind of expect a standard of accommodation. This one is not. The room is clean, but very dated. The furniture is from the 70's. Our first room smelled of strong stale cigarette smoke, and we asked for another room. The air coming from the second room AC was very musty. It stinks. When we asked about getting a new room to get away from the cigarette smell, the staff told us that they have been smoke free for 2 years but they still have several rooms that smell like cigarettes. They very graciously put us in a new room without question. The staff is very nice. Our second room just smells old. This hotel is tucked into an industrial area and near a highway. There is breakfast themed restaurant attached but not much else within walking distance. Fast food and other chain restaurants are within driving distance. I would stay elsewhere if I come back to Hamilton.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Greg C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

However, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find your room to your liking. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction this has caused you and we deeply regret the inconvenience the smell has brought you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future and make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located in the warehouse district between Hamilton and Stoney Creek, Ontario, this was a pleasant surprise at the end of a long day of travel. The room was clean and well cared for, the bed was comfortable, and they do have a free "continental style" breakfast. The staff was polite and professional. I'm not sure I would have found it without the GPS. The hotel is easily seen from the highway, but one has to drive "around the block" through the warehouse area to reach it. I will stay here again, the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business