“Clean but outdated”
Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We picked this hotel partly because of the name and partly because of the location. Most Holiday Inn Express hotels are pretty updated and modern and you kind of expect a standard of accommodation. This one is not. The room is clean, but very dated. The furniture is from the 70's. Our first room smelled of strong stale cigarette smoke, and we asked for another room. The air coming from the second room AC was very musty. It stinks. When we asked about getting a new room to get away from the cigarette smell, the staff told us that they have been smoke free for 2 years but they still have several rooms that smell like cigarettes. They very graciously put us in a new room without question. The staff is very nice. Our second room just smells old. This hotel is tucked into an industrial area and near a highway. There is breakfast themed restaurant attached but not much else within walking distance. Fast food and other chain restaurants are within driving distance. I would stay elsewhere if I come back to Hamilton.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Greg C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

However, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find your room to your liking. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction this has caused you and we deeply regret the inconvenience the smell has brought you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future and make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located in the warehouse district between Hamilton and Stoney Creek, Ontario, this was a pleasant surprise at the end of a long day of travel. The room was clean and well cared for, the bed was comfortable, and they do have a free "continental style" breakfast. The staff was polite and professional. I'm not sure I would have found it without the GPS. The hotel is easily seen from the highway, but one has to drive "around the block" through the warehouse area to reach it. I will stay here again, the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

this hotel is on the old side, but overall it is OK. The beds are comfortable, the front desk associate was very pleasant when we checked in. The only downside to it was the breakfast, I was a bit dissapointed that there were no omelettes for breakfast considering it was a Friday. I would come back if I had to.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not the quality expected from a Holiday Inn Express. Early March visit, inside hotel temp was likely high 80's F temperature. Airconditioner was so loud it stopped me from sleeping. Nearby party started at 2 am and I could hear the people talking through the air vent across from my bed. Called front desk at 2:45am , nothing happened, and I could even hear the yelling over the AC. Called again at 3:15 and even offered them to hear it in my room. Finally subsided at 3:30 am and the next morning, the explanation was that the party was from two floors down, and only started at 3 am and they only checked out my floor and the one above and below. Find it hard that air vents skip a floor. I also find their time record keeping disappointing. Is there not a security guard that is supposed to walk the floors at least sometime within that 1.25 hour period? Food at breakfast okay but at that point I was not a poster child for "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight".

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Mark L,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

our family stayed at this hotel a few days during a very difficult time - the staff were excellent and even provided us with a better rate due to our circumstances... the hotel is quiet, comfortable and easy to locate.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night on a business trip. Normally I'm quite happy with Holiday Inn Express properties as they are usually newer properties with clean simple modern rooms. This hotel definitely looks like it was some other property and converted over to an HI Express. The rooms were quite old inside and needed a major refresh. The bedding just felt old and used. Breakfast was your typical fare from a HI Express and was good. The check-in process was fairly easy and I got a little snack pack for being a Priority Club Member. If you don't have a car there really aren't any restaurants that you can go to within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Gord_Mtl,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the room conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed one night while traveling home. Front Desk was very friendly, but the lobby and hallways were SO very hot. Uncomfortably so.

The bedroom was clean, but seemed like had been done in a rush. The blanket was not smoothed down, and all the things on the tables (guest book, remote, safety tips, etc) were not straight, just a bit crooked. I know I'm being picky, but I travel to a number of hotels a year, and it just seemed unfinished.

My room didn't have a fridge, but one was brought up. Thank you for that. However, the fridge was very loud, so I used ice instead and unplugged it. The heater was also very loud, and had a high pitch sound. I never called down because it was 4am and I was very tired. I ended up turning it on, letting it make noise until the room was very warm, turned it off for the night and just stayed in the covers.

Housekeeping knocked on my door at 10am, waking me up, but check-out wasn't until 11am, and I had a late check-out so I could sleep in.

Shower was hot, the bathroom clean, bed a bit uncomfortable, but not horrible. I would like to try the property again because of the location (it was ideal. 2 minutes from where I needed to be) but am a bit hesitant because another long drive after a sleepless night is not ideal

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Catgirl21,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear about the problems in your room accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the amenities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Lera P