“Another excellent stay”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
ontario
“Another excellent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

our family stayed at this hotel a few days during a very difficult time - the staff were excellent and even provided us with a better rate due to our circumstances... the hotel is quiet, comfortable and easy to locate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night on a business trip. Normally I'm quite happy with Holiday Inn Express properties as they are usually newer properties with clean simple modern rooms. This hotel definitely looks like it was some other property and converted over to an HI Express. The rooms were quite old inside and needed a major refresh. The bedding just felt old and used. Breakfast was your typical fare from a HI Express and was good. The check-in process was fairly easy and I got a little snack pack for being a Priority Club Member. If you don't have a car there really aren't any restaurants that you can go to within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Gord_Mtl,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the room conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Timmins, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed one night while traveling home. Front Desk was very friendly, but the lobby and hallways were SO very hot. Uncomfortably so.

The bedroom was clean, but seemed like had been done in a rush. The blanket was not smoothed down, and all the things on the tables (guest book, remote, safety tips, etc) were not straight, just a bit crooked. I know I'm being picky, but I travel to a number of hotels a year, and it just seemed unfinished.

My room didn't have a fridge, but one was brought up. Thank you for that. However, the fridge was very loud, so I used ice instead and unplugged it. The heater was also very loud, and had a high pitch sound. I never called down because it was 4am and I was very tired. I ended up turning it on, letting it make noise until the room was very warm, turned it off for the night and just stayed in the covers.

Housekeeping knocked on my door at 10am, waking me up, but check-out wasn't until 11am, and I had a late check-out so I could sleep in.

Shower was hot, the bathroom clean, bed a bit uncomfortable, but not horrible. I would like to try the property again because of the location (it was ideal. 2 minutes from where I needed to be) but am a bit hesitant because another long drive after a sleepless night is not ideal

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Catgirl21,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear about the problems in your room accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the amenities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a favourite whenever we visit Hamilton. It is not centrally located which is a good thing. At the same time, it is easy to get where you're going. Staff are nice, breakfast is good and rooms fit the bill, all at a decent price. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, beds very comfortable, property was very clean and quiet. Front desk was very responsive when I complained about a malfunctioning fridge. Breakfast was better than I expected, with adequate choices. The cookies and coffee in the lobby were very welcome.
Staff was very knowledgeable and offered good directions as well as dining recommendations.
I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

recent stay over a few days (2 rooms) was very good - although the bathrooms are getting a bit dated the rooms were clean and comfortable - very quiet. Staff very friendly and attended to broken air conditioner immediately. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was a sponsored hotel for runners in the Hamilton Road2Hope marathon weekend. Our stay was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was adequate. Service was pleasant. Rooms were nice. Overall, exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business